Stung by a Wasp... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stung by a Wasp...

Chaos

...while riding. Wasn't pleasant. Lifted my visor for a bit to get some cool air on my face, when *wham* felt a bug smack my face (not the first time), but this one hurt. Even had to pull over for a few minutes just to make sure the pain did not get worse. It got me half way between my eye and ear. After 8 years of riding, another first.

Last edited:
Intense. Was it anything like the state of the universe before there was any order, like total chaos for a short spell? BTDT.

Ouch!

I've had one trapped in ny jacket. First thing I thought it was a bee, told myself "ok, he lost his sting he's not gonna sting again".

I ended up getting stung another 4x before I can safely stop. Was not a good experience. I was dancing & twitching removing my jacket

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Had one hit the bottom of my helmet and deflect into the helmet with the face shield open just a crack. Pretty mu h a hole-in-one.

Good thing it was so stunned from the impact it just cowered in the nose cover of my helmet and I didn't get stung. But I was riding cross eyed staring at it for a minute so I should probably be even more thankful I didn't ride off a bridge.

Taking off the helmet to shake the wasp out without alarming it was a delicate operation...

I've had one trapped in ny jacket. First thing I thought it was a bee, told myself "ok, he lost his sting he's not gonna sting again".

I ended up getting stung another 4x before I can safely stop. Was not a good experience. I was dancing & twitching removing my jacket

i had 1 bounce off my visor and into the back of my jacket, i pushed my shoulders forward to tighten the jacket and trap it and then pulled over as soon as it was safe, ripped off the jacket and it flew away. my theory was to get it completely trapped so it couldnt move rather than it having room to move around and get ****** off.
i didnt get stung, so it worked out well for me.

I forgot how much a wasp sting hurts until last summer when I buddy and I were riding through southwood and other muskoka backroads. It was warm out, so, I had my leather zipper a couple inches lower than the collar. To my surprise, that couple extra inches provided a perfect gateway for the wasp. I thought it hit the front of my neck and bounced off but it actually made it's way under my T-shirt and stung me once on my stomach.

After the sting, I pulled my left hand off the grip and squished and pushed against my stomach with my fingers until I felt some crunching. I pulled off the road and fully undid my coat and shook my T-shirt until the wasp fell out. I put it out of its misery on site and was also rewarded with a GoPro video of my wasp sting dance.

All this to say, I am glad I am not allergic.

...while riding. Wasn't pleasant. Lifted my visor for a bit to get some cool air on my face, when *wham* felt a bug smack my face (not the first time), but this one hurt. Even had to pull over for a few minutes just to make sure the pain did not get worse. It got me half way between my eye and ear. After 8 years of riding, another first.

LOL. This happened to me years ago. Had my visor on my FF tipped just enough to let in some air. Wasp flew in and bit me above the eye. Quite painful. Surprisingly, this happens a lot with FF helmets. One time another got in but didn't bite me. One of the hazards of FF helmets I guess.

I've been stung by wasps a couple of times in my life. Maybe it's me, but the pain and swelling seems to get worse a couple of days after the initial sting. Takes almost a week before it's back to normal again.

The more you get stung the more allergic you get. Just like guys who've been treated by snake anti-venom too much. The more they get treated the more they get allergic to anti-venom

This plant, called a Plaintain, can help alleviate the pain with bug bites. It's considered a weed and it's found everywhere. I've used it myself and the pain goes away instantly. Break open the leaves and try to extract some of the liquid and rub it on the bug bite

plantain.jpg

When you're out in the road, baking soda and onions aren't easy to come by. Plantain is.

I got a horse fly or something in my leathers during the last 2-3 laps of a race and just had to deal with the bites cause I was having too much fun :p. By the time I got to the pits and ripped my shirt off to get the bug off it had bit me like 7 times.

Got stung in the neck by a wasp while riding at ludicrous speeds was very painful, on the positive note his stinger was stuck in me and the rest of him was missing. I won..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me years back, at 3:00am, on the way home from a girlfriend's house. It got me 7 or 8 times and I almost lost control pounding at my stomach, trying to kill it. When I got home and took off my shirt, the little bastard flew out of it.

So it figures, the first time NOT wearing a jacket cause its too stinkin hot, heading into a nice right hand sweeper and bam, felt like I got hit in the stomach with a 22. Things start going black and bam got me again. So I'm slowing down trying not to black out and crushing the living ***** out of this lump under my shirt. Turns out it was a big dirty ol bumble bee, the biggest one known to man. Still have the scar. Lesson.... always wear your gear folks.

Back
Top Bottom