427 tonight | GTAMotorcycle.com

427 tonight

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Was driving south om the 427 around 530 pm. Accident at Dixon exit going north. Couldn't see over the centre median, but people were huddled around and nearest car was at least 20 feet away. I feared it was a bike. Heard on the radio a little later that 2 riders airlifted to hospital.
That's all I know.
Hope they are gonna be okay.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

any details?

I drove by after the riders were off to the hospital but before the wreckage was cleared. I could not identify the bike because it was facing the guard rail but it was a sport bike.
A small Mercedes was at the side of the road a bit further up with moderate damage to the rear corner (driver side). The amount of damage suggests both vehicles were in motion at the time of collision, but clearly the bike was moving faster than the car.

Just speculating but, my guess is that the car moved into the path of the bike too fast for the biker to slow down or manoeuvre to a safer position. The other option has the bike moving into a collision path with the back of the bike and that does not make sense.

The medical accessories used to treat the rider(s) was still on the road, as were clothing cut from the rider. I had a pit in my stomach looking at the scene.

Wishing a speedy recovery for the riders.

GWS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any updates on the riders?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom