R6 clutch issues | GTAMotorcycle.com

R6 clutch issues

argenm

Hey guys. I have a 2012 r6. Needed to replace the friction n clutch plates. Got the 9 friction plates and 8 clutch plates from snow city. I know that 7 of the friction plates are the same and 2 are different where one goes to the front n the other in the back but i cant remember which order they go in. Also does the last plate put on have to be offset from the rest meaning it lies against the clutch housing as opposed to being with the other friction plates. Also how do you put the damn cover on. I so confused. Is the dot and arrow supposed to line up when the cover is firmly pressed in and the arm is pushed in to the point where it cant be anymore?? I don't have a 2012 manual and im stuck. Someone help plz!

Hey guys. I have a 2012 r6. Needed to replace the friction n clutch plates. Got the 9 friction plates and 8 clutch plates from snow city. I know that 7 of the friction plates are the same and 2 are different where one goes to the front n the other in the back but i cant remember which order they go in. Also does the last plate put on have to be offset from the rest meaning it lies against the clutch housing as opposed to being with the other friction plates. Also how do you put the damn cover on. I so confused. Is the dot and arrow supposed to line up when the cover is firmly pressed in and the arm is pushed in to the point where it cant be anymore?? I don't have a 2012 manual and im stuck. Someone help plz!
How many KM's on the bike? Why does it need a clutch already, improper clutch freeplay?

There was a super smokin youtube video posted on R6 forum that walked you through clutch replacement beginning to end, lots of tips and tricks. I'll see if I can dig up the link for ya.

bike has 10k, to be honest its my stupidity, i been practicing too much rolling burnouts which I'm fairly new to and sadly embarrassed but thats what I'm faced with.. if you could find that video that would be great.

Look at the parts fiche on Ron Ayers to see which order they go in.

Too lazy to look at my bike right now, but off the top of my head the arrow and the dot line up with the clutch fully engaged and the cable slack.

Where are you located? Someone may be able to give you a hand.

Back
Top Bottom