2013 gsxr 600 useing oil??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2013 gsxr 600 useing oil???

contact148

got this bike brand new this spring currently have 4600km on it did the break in as per manual I have already done 3x oil and filter changes

yesterday I went for a 400km hwy ride this am I checked oil window and it was at the low line I KNOW it was a hair below the high line before I went for said ride I have not noticed oil dropping before NO leaks my floor is clean

well it is under warranty I have never had it in for service through I DO have all the receipts from when I serviced it

yesterday I went for a 400km hwy ride this am I checked oil window and it was at the low line I KNOW it was a hair below the high line before I went for said ride I have not noticed oil dropping before NO leaks my floor is clean
Your bike has to be parked for quite a while before all the oil drains back into the pan/oil window. Leave it overnight and check it in the morning and see if the oil has magically returned. If you filled it back up to the full line shortly after turning off the engine be super careful that it's not over full now.

Your bike has to be parked for quite a while before all the oil drains back into the pan/oil window. Leave it overnight and check it in the morning and see if the oil has magically returned. If you filled it back up to the full line shortly after turning off the engine be super careful that it's not over full now.

it sat overnight before I checked it manual says wait 3 mins after shutdown...I wait 10mins I do find the level varies a bit every time I check it sometimes more sometimes less I put a magnetic level n the tank to try and keep the upright position of the bike consistent

Is the oil below the max line or min line? Anything above the min line is fine. Anything close to the max line will have oil spilling into your airbox. There's a tube that leads from the engine to airbox to prevent too much oil slushing around

Sent from my tablet using my paws

well pulled the air filter today kinda PITA with no tank proprod air filter is damp with oil NOT soaked but wet going to get a new one on tues

well pulled the air filter today kinda PITA with no tank proprod air filter is damp with oil NOT soaked but wet going to get a new one on tues
You can use a bungee cord connected to the roof.

You're probably over filling

I must have should I change the air filter its the factory filter with 4500km on it. its not as wet as a K&N and its still pretty clean

Very surprising that they don't come with one anymore. I'd take a closer look (pull both seats in case it slid down) and if still no luck call the dealership.

I've had 5 GSXR's and none had needed to be topped up with oil between oil changes (I change street bikes at the 6,000km mark). Either there's an issue with the bike or you're doing something wrong (most likely).

Very surprising that they don't come with one anymore. I'd take a closer look (pull both seats in case it slid down) and if still no luck call the dealership.

I've had 5 GSXR's and none had needed to be topped up with oil between oil changes (I change street bikes at the 6,000km mark). Either there's an issue with the bike or you're doing something wrong (most likely).

I believe you are correct I think I over filled it and miss read the level at first I pulled the plugs and they are mint so no burning oil and NO leaks called dealer about prop rod

Back
Top Bottom