2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen

Meh, that would have gone onto a container and is on its way overseas by now. Only four weeks old? I would be looking at the employees at the dealer who sold it to you. Lucky you have insurance.

Are you also in a condo ZX600?

Your bike is most likely in pieces by now - Sorry for you loss

Move on and get another one with the insurance money - The question is... will they be back in a few months for your new ..new baby, I submit that they will so start planning ahead.

did you have the bike chained to anything or just hidden in the corner?
Saw these awhile back and might be a good idea to consider to the future, looks like it bolts right into the concrete and then you could put some bad-aass chain on your bike.

Sucks to hear about this theft tho, four weeks is such a short time, thieves are the lowest kind of people.
568721.jpg

Saw these awhile back and might be a good idea to consider to the future, looks like it bolts right into the concrete and then you could put some bad-aass chain on your bike.
My friend asked 34 condo boards at places he was looking into moving, and zero of them would allow him to drill holes in the concrete floor, wall or column :( Most even disallowed you to wrap a chain around a column saying it could wear the column or create a tripping hazard or other "blockage".

All 34 boards said it was either illegal or against condo rules to park your bike in the same spot as your car (some fire code violation or something).

Moral of the story is, if you live in a condo keep your bike at your friends house.

Yup barely broken in.. I bought it second hand so it wouldn't be the dealership. Things have crossed my mind though... I had almost purchased the same Bike from VOS motors around Vaughn.. VOS had a sign hanging off of the same modded 2014 R6 showroom bike for a week or more, which read 'this bike has been purchased by: my full name' It didn't make sense to me why they would do this as I didn't even buy the bike.. wtf are they thinking having my name hanging off of the bike as someone could easily find my address from my name.

I am looking forward to getting this resolved. I am also looking forward to seeing the video footage tomorrow from the condo parking garage.

Meh, that would have gone onto a container and is on its way overseas by now. Only four weeks old? I would be looking at the employees at the dealer who sold it to you. Lucky you have insurance.

Thanks for the tip John. Are you on a condo board? I think if it came down to it, I would just do it with or without permission... I don't have a lot of friends living in houses downtown

My friend asked 34 condo boards at places he was looking into moving, and zero of them would allow him to drill holes in the concrete floor, wall or column :( Most even disallowed you to wrap a chain around a column saying it could wear the column or create a tripping hazard or other "blockage".

All 34 boards said it was either illegal or against condo rules to park your bike in the same spot as your car (some fire code violation or something).

Moral of the story is, if you live in a condo keep your bike at your friends house.

Thanks Squid - this could be something to consider.

did you have the bike chained to anything or just hidden in the corner?

Sucks to hear about this theft tho, four weeks is such a short time, thieves are the lowest kind of people.
568721.jpg

OP, if it was loaded into a Rogers van, and that is captured on camera, I would be showing up at Rogers HQ with the cops asking for the bike back ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That has got to be the dumbest excuse I have ever heard, I try my best but even I can't come up with bs like that :(

Yeah, parking a bike in a condo is like leaving your wallet on the bar

why didnt you just lock it to your car?? either way, they wanted the bike and no, its not goin over seas in a container:lmao:. deal with the insurance company and buy a new one over winter when the dealers are starvin!

Yes being in a condo makes bike thefts easier targets. Cameras you would think would be enough of a deterrent... We will see what the insurance company says - I have heard some policies will require you to wait for a month or longer in case the bike is found.. What doesn't add up is why they took my bike and what I did wrong. I guess I'm being sensitive

its a recipe for a theft...

what is there to add up? Sorry about the loss, hopefully insurance pays up.

I'm not locking a bike to an Audi
why didnt you just lock it to your car?? either way, they wanted the bike and no, its not goin over seas in a container:lmao:. deal with the insurance company and buy a new one over winter when the dealers are starvin!

Unfortunately living in a condo means either riding a heavy cruiser/sport tourer or an old cheap SS. That is what i have found out by experience. :(

Get a 19mm chain, switch spots with another resident that has a column in their spot. If you can't get a spot with a column drill anchor holes and don't bother asking the condo board or management. GPS trackers (spot, scorpio) will only tell you where your bike is when it has a clear signal (most likely not in the depths of your parking lot). The pager on the scorpio is pretty weak sauce also; you can barely get a signal to your bike unless it beside you. Plus your battery will drain quickly if not plugged into the tender or used frequently.
Right now I'm running a GSM/GPRS tracker with a Bell SIM card. I find bell and virgin cell service the best for underground parking lots. The tracker sends me gps coordinates to my cell phone

John, the wounds are still too fresh for me to think about that, but yes I was happy with the R6. Sick *** first bike so I have no complaints or criticism towards the bikes low end. Fastbike, throttle maybe a little twerky when first starting out, but only at low low speeds. Are you considering or have you owned an R6?

Bummer man, beautiful bike! What are you going to get next, another R6?? I know you said you're new to riding, was that your first bike? Did you find the throttle was pretty choppy (on/off throttle twitchy) and super gutless at low RPM?

What insurance company are ya with? Sorry for your loss :(

Awesome, thanks Redballs - I'll look into the gps tracker

Get a 19mm chain, switch spots with another resident that has a column in their spot. If you can't get a spot with a column drill anchor holes and don't bother asking the condo board or management. GPS trackers (spot, scorpio) will only tell you where your bike is when it has a clear signal (most likely not in the depths of your parking lot). The pager on the scorpio is pretty weak sauce also; you can barely get a signal to your bike unless it beside you. Plus your battery will drain quickly if not plugged into the tender or used frequently.
Right now I'm running a GSM/GPRS tracker with a Bell SIM card. I find bell and virgin cell service the best for underground parking lots. The tracker sends me gps coordinates to my cell phone

The column & sometimes the floor is a supporting part of the building. I'm no civil engineer, but any drilling would weaken the structure of the building. For one person it might not, but having 2-3 people drilling 4-5 holes over a space of time would definitely cause some concerns. You allow 1 person to drill, everybody would want to do it.

Unfortunately living in a condo means either riding a heavy cruiser/sport tourer or an old cheap SS. That is what i have found out by experience. :(
This has got to be the best advice. Don't want your heart broken? Don't get a nice bike unless you have a proper way to store it.
If you been on the forum long enough, you'll read all the threads about condo thefts. Must be quite lucrative for these thieves because nobody is stopping them

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Hello Fellow Riders,
Today I woke up to discover my four week old 2014 Yamaha R6 stolen and at the moment I'm feel pretty f*('n shiitty about the situation-not a great day for me!

I live downtown Toronto by the lake in one of the newer condo's. I have heard that condos are prime targets for bike thefts to occur, however I was not really to concerned with the risk before now.

The bike was parked on the lowest level of the parking garage in a spot furthest away from any parking exit ramps and the bike was also parked/pinned between the wall and the back of my car parked in the same spot, so the bike was not out in the open to be easily visible.

It's hard not to feel like I was targeted with this hit. Perhaps the thieves are people that I know or am acquainted with, someone that lives in the building or maybe this was a complete random hit. Either way, it feels like turmoil. I had also learned from the condo super that 1-2 years ago another motorcycle was stolen from the building. Then, the condos cameras were able to find captured footage of a Rogers Cable TV van loading a motorcycle into the back of the van. Currently they are going through the video recordings from the past 24 hours hopefully this will be enough to capture some footage and identify the slimy bastards. To think they are likely also riders too. I guess there is no code of conduct we can all rely on - except for don't trust anyone, which is not why I wanted to join the community.

What does everyone do to prevent or reduce the risk of their bikes being lifted from condos underground parking?:confused:

I have attached a photo of my R6. If you do see it around, please private message me and report it to the police. The license plate number that was on the bike is 9C1A8. I have not seen any other bikes like this one yet though I only started riding 4 weeks ago :(

- Nitis

Sorry to hear about your bike. I had my GSXR stolen in the beginning of this year from a newer North York condo. Same situation, my bike was in the lowest levels, furthest away from ramps. Hope you have good insurance (if you have State Farm then they'll take care of you). I have a very strong feeling my building concierge was in on it (they were all recently fired and our building invested in a new security service).

Is your building concierge new? Who was on duty while this theft happened? Find out those details and PM me. Slim chance that it could be the same guy that was working overnight at my building, got fired, went to yours and did the same ****... but hey.. imagine if it was?

Back
Top Bottom