2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen

nitis

Hello Fellow Riders,
Today I woke up to discover my four week old 2014 Yamaha R6 stolen and at the moment I'm feel pretty f*('n shiitty about the situation-not a great day for me!

I live downtown Toronto by the lake in one of the newer condo's. I have heard that condos are prime targets for bike thefts to occur, however I was not really to concerned with the risk before now.

The bike was parked on the lowest level of the parking garage in a spot furthest away from any parking exit ramps and the bike was also parked/pinned between the wall and the back of my car parked in the same spot, so the bike was not out in the open to be easily visible.

It's hard not to feel like I was targeted with this hit. Perhaps the thieves are people that I know or am acquainted with, someone that lives in the building or maybe this was a complete random hit. Either way, it feels like turmoil. I had also learned from the condo super that 1-2 years ago another motorcycle was stolen from the building. Then, the condos cameras were able to find captured footage of a Rogers Cable TV van loading a motorcycle into the back of the van. Currently they are going through the video recordings from the past 24 hours hopefully this will be enough to capture some footage and identify the slimy bastards. To think they are likely also riders too. I guess there is no code of conduct we can all rely on - except for don't trust anyone, which is not why I wanted to join the community.

What does everyone do to prevent or reduce the risk of their bikes being lifted from condos underground parking?:confused:

I have attached a photo of my R6. If you do see it around, please private message me and report it to the police. The license plate number that was on the bike is 9C1A8. I have not seen any other bikes like this one yet though I only started riding 4 weeks ago :(

- Nitis

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 480
Steering was locked?

Aside from getting a storage unit in tour building and putting it in there, not sure what to recommend. You could put some big mother bolts with eyelets in the concrete and lock the bike to those. The thieves are probably not traveling with full tools.

Is there a column near your spot? There's another thread where a guy fabricated a custom lock gizmo.
Sorry about the bike. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that gets it back.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I was thinking encase someone sees it.
likely the persons would make a track bike out of it, or strip for parts.
I hope you paid the extra for theft insurance. I don't have it on mine and now I get thinking.

man it was nice R6...!

I only have a 300 but I store it out cause I live in a condo as well :s

Sorry to hear this :( !

Sorry for your loss. Must feel so violated especially being such a new bike. Hopefully insurance takes care of you and hopefully the thieves get what's coming to them.

Is there a column near your spot? There's another thread where a guy fabricated a custom lock gizmo.
Sorry about the bike. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that gets it back.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no columns.. I may have to consider bolting the next one to the ground. Locker would be a good option if it wasn't full of other **** - a little inconvenient though...

I was thinking encase someone sees it.
likely the persons would make a track bike out of it, or strip for parts.
I hope you paid the extra for theft insurance. I don't have it on mine and now I get thinking.

Thanks FJRrider - I will find out tomorrow, hopefully they included theft with the policy... I mean, why wouldn't they...(fingers crossed)

Steering was locked?

Aside from getting a storage unit in tour building and putting it in there, not sure what to recommend. You could put some big mother bolts with eyelets in the concrete and lock the bike to those. The thieves are probably not traveling with full tools.

Hi DDean, yes the steering was locked... Concrete bolts may be the way to go,, although there are other bikes in the building that are fine... Maybe I need to cover it up although I figured that would make people more curious... Wheel lock, chain...

Hello Fellow Riders,

Hello Former Fellow Rider,

Sorry to hear about the situation and sorry to meet you under these dreadful circumstances. I hope you're fully insured and will be made whole again.

Maybe I need to cover it up although I figured that would make people more curious... Wheel lock, chain...

What you need is a visual deterrent. Use your imagination. Maybe a pack of faux dynamite sticks duct taped to a ticking clock or peanut butter sammich. I'm sure there are other good ideas around. Maybe you could have an idea party replete with finger foods.

Even the best deterrents will not stop seasoned motorcycle thieves. The more difficult it is to steal, the less likely they'll bother with you.

Possibly a GPS tracking device? although i'm sure you'll have to pay a monthly fee for monitoring, and make sure the battery is charged. Even if you know the location, I would contact police and let them recover it... you should assume they're armed and dangerous.

Your bike is most likely in pieces by now - Sorry for you loss

Move on and get another one with the insurance money - The question is... will they be back in a few months for your new ..new baby, I submit that they will so start planning ahead.

Bummer man, beautiful bike! What are you going to get next, another R6?? I know you said you're new to riding, was that your first bike? Did you find the throttle was pretty choppy (on/off throttle twitchy) and super gutless at low RPM?

What insurance company are ya with? Sorry for your loss :(

Back
Top Bottom