2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 R6 Motorcycle Stolen

I wonder if the corporations that made the chains have done any improvement since...as the video is rather grainy so i imagine it's old.

having the chain off the ground also helps make it harder to cut..

@phelan I'd hope so...the chain I have i have is by Kryptonite, they offer $1250 of insurance if your bike gets stolen while secured by the chain. They also boast all kinds of certifications. At the end of the day if a thief is determined enough though....

If I ever caught someone trying to use one of those massive bolt cutters I'd have no issue taking a couple of fingers with it.

I think in the video, the kryptonite fahgettaboutit is hand cropped within 42 seconds.

The Almax was not able to be cropped by hand (I know it's a little suspect, since the video is made by Almax)

The Almax chain they tested is way thicker, 19mm vs 14mm for the Kryptonite, if I'm not mistaken.

my shogun fairing sliders arrived last week... I keep hoping the bike will just be some miracle be returned and appear in my parking spot again,,,

Hello Fellow Riders,
Today I woke up to discover my four week old 2014 Yamaha R6 stolen and at the moment I'm feel pretty f*('n shiitty about the situation-not a great day for me!

I live downtown Toronto by the lake in one of the newer condo's. I have heard that condos are prime targets for bike thefts to occur, however I was not really to concerned with the risk before now.

The bike was parked on the lowest level of the parking garage in a spot furthest away from any parking exit ramps and the bike was also parked/pinned between the wall and the back of my car parked in the same spot, so the bike was not out in the open to be easily visible.

It's hard not to feel like I was targeted with this hit. Perhaps the thieves are people that I know or am acquainted with, someone that lives in the building or maybe this was a complete random hit. Either way, it feels like turmoil. I had also learned from the condo super that 1-2 years ago another motorcycle was stolen from the building. Then, the condos cameras were able to find captured footage of a Rogers Cable TV van loading a motorcycle into the back of the van. Currently they are going through the video recordings from the past 24 hours hopefully this will be enough to capture some footage and identify the slimy bastards. To think they are likely also riders too. I guess there is no code of conduct we can all rely on - except for don't trust anyone, which is not why I wanted to join the community.

What does everyone do to prevent or reduce the risk of their bikes being lifted from condos underground parking?:confused:

I have attached a photo of my R6. If you do see it around, please private message me and report it to the police. The license plate number that was on the bike is 9C1A8. I have not seen any other bikes like this one yet though I only started riding 4 weeks ago :(

- Nitis

OP, was it a red Rogers Cable TV van? I saw this sketchy red van today with the ROGERS logo sticker taken off but you can clearly see the leftover ROGERS sign. I saw it go to multiple apartment buildings (10+) and even waiting outside their garages before just moving on. Was sketchy as hell. I got its number plate. Was wondering of reporting it?

OP, was it a red Rogers Cable TV van? I saw this sketchy red van today with the ROGERS logo sticker taken off but you can clearly see the leftover ROGERS sign. I saw it go to multiple apartment buildings (10+) and even waiting outside their garages before just moving on. Was sketchy as hell. I got its number plate. Was wondering of reporting it?

yeah.. probably a good idea.. lol Too late now to report eh? They're long gone.

Good luck ever getting that claim.

I cant remember which company it was when I was looking at chains but similar insurance payouts were only valid for US residents on thefts in the US. Didn't stop them from advertising the insurance on the shelf in Canada though. A quick online search supports that trying to get this to payout is next to impossible.

* Lay down a large slab of steel checker plate
* Weld heavy duty Rings on it
* Paint Checker plate grey
* Use stencils and paint "MOTORCYCLE PARKING ONLY" with yellow paint on checker plate
* Run chain through bike and rings

At this point hopefully your bike won't get stolen and people will think the plate is a condo installation :lmao:

My dad got a 4x8 sheet from work... I highly doubt the thieves would move it with a motorcycle on top.

You would have to cut the chain.

Back
Top Bottom