First Yamaha R25 review | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Yamaha R25 review

CafeRay

This is coming in 2015 as a 300...basically identical specs to the Ninja 300. Looks nice, but I would have expected something a bit better now that the Ninja has been out for a year. PowerDrift got this first because this channel is huge in India, and this is now the biggest small bike market in the world.

[video=youtube_share;O-8sxxPnwbk]http://youtu.be/O-8sxxPnwbk[/video]

"The DOHC setup and the liquid cooling means the engine just doesn't beg to be revved hard. It can do it all day long."

This is good to know. I wonder if they tested it all day long or took that right out of the brochure.

Yeah, it's one marketing cliche after another...and he even admits the power is down on the Ninja.
This is how you get exclusives with manufacturers, just cheerlead and read the script.
It has to be cheaper than a Ninja to sell...but there are a ton of used Ninjas on the market.
Note no ABS, Yamaha still rather be cheap than safe.

Yeah, it's one marketing cliche after another...and he even admits the power is down on the Ninja.
This is how you get exclusives with manufacturers, just cheerlead and read the script.
It has to be cheaper than a Ninja to sell...but there are a ton of used Ninjas on the market.
Note no ABS, Yamaha still rather be cheap than safe.

2016 model will have it...lol

It's kind of disappointing because you want more competition to influence better offerings for less money.

This will serve brand loyalists who look for this as a stepping stone to an R6 or what ever.

Super annoying intro and hello, even a throat mic would give way better audio than whatever crap setup they used in that helmet :(

Did Yamaha develop a new parallel twin for this bike??

Yep, brand new, 14,000 rpm redline.

There's not a whole lot of technical info on this engine yet, except for the redline .... will have to see. If they let the same guy, who priced out the nez FZ line, price this one, it could be end of Ninja long term rule.

There's not a whole lot of technical info on this engine yet, except for the redline .... will have to see.

Flim flam R6 tachoman got his job back?

No idea what you are saying, so I will guess saying ... yes.

No idea what you are saying, so I will guess saying ... yes.

Yamaha faked rpms to show higher readings on R6 few years back.

There's not a whole lot of technical info on this engine yet, except for the redline .... will have to see. If they let the same guy, who priced out the nez FZ line, price this one, it could be end of Ninja long term rule.

Most of the bike is made outside of Japan, so cost will be low.

There is only so many ways to make a 250 parallel twin. Given the power output, 13K redline makes sense, it's the same as the ninja 300, with about the same power.

Nice looking bike but I'm not a Yamaha fan. Last one I had was an unreliable cheap POS. If I was going racing I would buy anything but.

Nice looking bike but I'm not a Yamaha fan. Last one I had was an unreliable cheap POS. If I was going racing I would buy anything but.

Yamaha topped Honda in reliability in 2013, but they have had some cheaply finished models.

There is only so many ways to make a 250 parallel twin. Given the power output, 13K redline makes sense, it's the same as the ninja 300, with about the same power.

Yeah, like there's only so many ways to make inline 4. There's parallel twins which are uninspiring and blunt (F800) and ones which are actually quite exciting (FZ6), so no I wouldn't just automatically expect boring parallel twin.

Yeah, like there's only so many ways to make inline 4. There's parallel twins which are uninspiring and blunt (F800) and ones which are actually quite exciting (FZ6), so no I wouldn't just automatically expect boring parallel twin.

The specs are identical to the Kawasaki, which is a state-of-the-art small twin. You really can't do much at this price point and displacement, perhaps a V-twin like the old Honda, but they are too expensive to make today.

Back
Top Bottom