50+ Sport Bike Riders | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

50+ Sport Bike Riders

Over 10 years ago there was a old guy with a blue R1 with lots of km on it. 80K km, maybe over 100k km that he put on the bike. He looked to be in his seventies, but maybe I'm off on that too. Anybody remember that?

I thought it looked a little surprising as he appeared to be notably old (I know some people who have trouble walking in their seventies), but I also didn't care and give props to anyone who rides a SS as they get older. It will probably be me too. Life and liberty.

Last edited:
Over 10 years ago there was a old guy with a blue R1 with lots of km on it. 80K km, maybe over 100k km that he put on the bike. He looked to be in his seventies, but maybe I'm off on that too. Anybody remember that?

I thought it looked a little surprising as he appeared to be notably old (I know some people who have trouble walking in their seventies), but I also didn't care and give props to anyone who rides a SS as they get older. It will probably be me too. Life and liberty.

Yup I remember him, I believe his name was Doug....He also had a R6 track bike. Cool Chap but haven't seen or heard of him in years.

I knew a Darryle in who use to own a ZZR1200, back in the day from Toronto. Use to go to the P.S.S.B.R. Could you be one in the same?
Either me or my other brothers Darryle and larry

I'm glad to see all you mature (lol) sportbike riders. Still feel 20 when I let her run free.

I have a buddy in Florida he'd be 70 now, his bikes ZX9R, Z1000, ZZR1200 and a Concours. The ZX9R is his most ridden bike.

Some of us will never grow old.
that buddy wouldn't be fast ray by any chance?

Yup I remember him, I believe his name was Doug....He also had a R6 track bike. Cool Chap but haven't seen or heard of him in years.

I remember an old guy on a blue R6 at a track day years ago. Admired that he was out. Hope to be like him when I'm that old.

Yeah thats probably him...he was fairly active in track days or just riding in general. He went through a few R1's, one just shy of 100000km that was supposed to be put on display at Yamaha HQ for show....unfortunately it got stolen just before. I always enjoyed talking to him as he was quite the chap with lots of interesting ideas. I recall meeting his son a few times too...Really nice people.

Should also mention Frank on a 2003 copper gixxer 1000. He was also up there in terms of age and thoroughly enjoyed his SS. Another fantastic person.

Yep, that's who I'm talking about. Haven't heard much from him lately.
Dan
havent seen ray since the last PSSB rally,but do send jokes back and forth email,believe it was 2005 when a couple of zzr 1200s split some on coming traffic at 3 times the speed limit up at parry sound,my 03 and I parted company in2006,both of us were very broken up over the split,bought an 07 14 after the break up,my son has the 07 now, bought a 2012 14r,If the H2 dosent disappoint ,[to much hype] that will be next

Back
Top Bottom