50+ Sport Bike Riders | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

50+ Sport Bike Riders

Over 50 was riding a 1993 CBR600F2 (for sale), now, riding a 2014 CBR600RRA...

I'm almost 53. I had a Katana 750 until 2 years ago.

Lingering sports & bike accident injuries made it hard for me to keep all the weight on my wrists/shoulders on the long distance rides I like to do, so I sold it after a year & bought a cruiser. I think my next bike will be a standard.

Ya, I'm getting old, but will never give up 2 wheels.

I'm almost 53. I had a Katana 750 until 2 years ago.

Lingering sports & bike accident injuries made it hard for me to keep all the weight on my wrists/shoulders on the long distance rides I like to do, so I sold it after a year & bought a cruiser. I think my next bike will be a standard.

Ya, I'm getting old, but will never give up 2 wheels.

Try supporting your weight with your legs and gripping the tank with your knees?

Try that for an hour and get back to us.
Kruzuki..Bandit 1250 or Kawa ZXR1200

I use my legs and knees to support my weight instead of my arms and shoulders all the time. The legs are much stronger and will last a lot longer than ones arms and shoulders! You'll ride more relaxed if the weight is off the arms and shoulders. Give it a try, you'll get used to it...

Try that for an hour and get back to us.

People change position from time to time. I've seen it first hand but you need a trained eye.

I use my legs and knees to support my weight instead of my arms and shoulders all the time. The legs are much stronger and will last a lot longer than ones arms and shoulders! You'll ride more relaxed if the weight is off the arms and shoulders. Give it a try, you'll get used to it...

We should all be doing this anyway in braking and cornering, but if you have an injury, a more standard seating position is better, where the wind supports your upper body.

The sports bike position gets old in traffic on my back and neck, as the natural angle of the head is facing the instruments, which is what you want on a track, but not the road.

...the natural angle of the head is facing the instruments, which is what you want on a track, but not the road.

Say what?????? On the track you are not looking at your instruments....nor should you be. Sport riding position is about aerodynamics.

Say what?????? On the track you are not looking at your instruments....nor should you be. Sport riding position is about aerodynamics.

I think what he meant is when seated on a sports bike the NATURAL neck angle has you looking at the instruments. I think we all know what to do and were to look when we ride. My neck used to get sore after riding the R6 on the street for extended periods. Hence the FZ1 purchase for street and R6 for track only now

How about 60+,current bike aZX14R,thinking of something more appropriate for my age .... Hope the new H2 isn't to expensive

How about 60+,current bike aZX14R,thinking of something more appropriate for my age .... Hope the new H2 isn't to expensive
I knew a Darryle in who use to own a ZZR1200, back in the day from Toronto. Use to go to the P.S.S.B.R. Could you be one in the same?

Or try riding a naked bike like a street/speed triple on the 401 for 2hrs at 130kmhr. You feel your neck then..

I feel a meet up and ride coming on!

I am 50. Riding an RC51 this year.
My brother is 52 on a ZX12.

Back
Top Bottom