60 Km/h vs 68 Km/h: Accident Reconstruction | GTAMotorcycle.com

60 Km/h vs 68 Km/h: Accident Reconstruction

meh, that video is a good idea done poorly (used skid marks to determine speed to within 1 km/h on a sport bike, obviously if he was locked up, he could have been slowing down faster, assuming he couldn't turn at 30 km/h, but he could at 22 km/h, etc). Thx for posting.

Meh, I call bs 8km/h over the speed limit is nothing, if you only do 8 over most places in Ontario you'll get run off the road. Seems like the ad just wants to blame the motorcyclist for the crash due to speeding and totally ignore the jackass who drives without looking. If this was a rural road and the limit was 80 then I bet the ad would say you die if you go 88, but you live if you go 80? Lol, nope. Issue in that crash wasn't speed, its failure to yield. Blaming speed is another way of villainizing motorcycles and building public support for revenue generating tickets.

The point is that stopping distance increases as you speed up. It's about reaction times to dangers. It's not whether the cager is at fault...it doesn't matter who's at fault when yer dead.

Granted 8km/h isn't really that much more in a 60 zone. I'm betting most do at least 14 km/h over....

Granted 8km/h isn't really that much more in a 60 zone. I'm betting most do at least 14 km/h over....

Nope, I do -10km/h under the speed limit at all times because slower is safer.

People who drive under the speed limit drive me bonkers... Simple ways to not get in a accident, don't drive like a retard, lookout for retards. Simple... And if I was going 86 instead of 60 I would have passed the car before he approached.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The gain from 8km/h less is nothing compared to having good technical and defensive riding skills.

Sure, maybe the rider could see the car a split second earlier, but takes 0.5 seconds to react.

I drive/ride slightly above speed limit when the risk of incidents are low, and adjust my speed accordingly when the risk is high. I cant remember the last time I had a close call with another motorist, its been years...

The video is sending the wrong message by saying speed (the difference of 8km/h) is the main factor. Proper training is way more important.

There are numerous safety studies that show that speed differences are dangerous, not actual speed. Relative speed to traffic is important.

That why jacksasses doing 140 on the 401 are as dangerous as jackasses doing 90.

The ad did not say speed is the only factor. This particular commercial conveys the message that "slowing down won't kill you", which in my opinion, is not bad advice I would give to someone I care about. To go over the other factors in a full forensic study will obviously take more than a 1 minute commercial.

Ads and media that try to deliver a message are always up for interpretation and although the message conveys the message "slowing down wont kill you", I'm sure the common viewer will come to the conclusion that speed was the main factor. Many are already brainwashed by the media into thinking Speed Kills.

Its not necessarily a bad thing to watch their speed, but saying that 8km/h was the main factor of the crash is a weak argument.

Now if you used the same argument for the UK biker who had his last moments posted on youtube, perfect candidate for this PSA.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom