Ideas for beating noise meter | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ideas for beating noise meter

Is it timing or Km's till the sausage would be ready?

I've never seen the term ez peasy bandied about so much in one thread and then you come up with this winner. I don't know if I can take you guys serious any more, honestly. Re: cooking sausage, let's just say it's a dizzying amalgam of factors at play. Deserves another thread really.

Maybe make some kind of block off plate that can be slid into place by hand after you get stopped?
Wouldn't be too hard. Something like the drag race guys do. They have two exhausts, simple plate blocks off street legal exhaust for racing.

Maybe make some kind of block off plate that can be slid into place by hand after you get stopped?
Wouldn't be too hard. Something like the drag race guys do. They have two exhausts, simple plate blocks off street legal exhaust for racing.

A remote controlled spring loaded blast gate?

You provided your own answer... My bike shouldn't be on public roads So stay off them. It is self important, self entitled, people who will get us to the state of NB and California.. anything other than stock will become illegal

My bike shouldn't be on public roads either so I think I made an apt comparison. Ironically, it'll cradle a tin foiled sausage quite nicely between the rear cylinder and exhaust pipe.

sigh....more of this. Your pipe has to be stupidly loud to fail the SAE J2825 test. I have a REMUS Revolution GP without baffles (read not quite in the least) and I comfortably pass. Download a sound meter app for your phone and do the test. It will at least tell you if you even need to be concerned.

Just don't go to belfountain

When I had my bike tested, the person doing the testing had a tachometer that he could attach to determine your RPM in case your bike wasn't equipped with one.

I haven't read the thread but I have a great idea.

Install a quality good looking exhaust that it isn't loud.

Problem solved

Edit:
ez-peazy

oh and don't be one of these guys

SouthParkFags.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom