Ideas for beating noise meter | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ideas for beating noise meter

inreb

Site Supporter
I haven't been stopped yet so I don't know the exact procedure but it's not hard to imagine how it plays out. So you're sitting there, the fuzz is fixin to measure pipe noise, you know your bike is LOUD, how do you wiggle out of that? I have a plan. If I share it the law will eventually legislate a workaround. Anybody have any ideas?:glasses2:

I'm trying to be serious.

I haven't been stopped yet so I don't know the exact procedure but it's not hard to imagine how it plays out. So you're sitting there, the fuzz is fixin to measure pipe noise, you know your bike is LOUD, how do you wiggle out of that? I have a plan. If I share it the law will eventually legislate a workaround. Anybody have any ideas?:glasses2:

so its only your plan that they'd be interested in?? you wanna hear others but wont share yours:confused:

so its only your plan that they'd be interested in?? you wanna hear others but wont share yours:confused:

Yes, I think you've nailed it.

Go back to stock, easy peasy?

No tach, how can the tell you to take it to 2000rpm. Turn it off will they be allowed to start it to test. What is the reprocussion?

No tach, how can the tell you to take it to 2000rpm. Turn it off will they be allowed to start it to test. What is the
reprocussion?

I think there's a clue inside that pre coffee jumble.

install an exhaust baffle

ez pz

Would you put a baffle in a 1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa? I didn't think so. Let's try to maintain some decorum around here.

In the interest of decorum, the 1958 250 testa rosa was a competition car, and did very well at Le mans , but it was never conceived for public roads. The 20 or so cars produced were for the factory team and playboy millionaires at a track day. Now if you take you "loud " bike to a trackday, the marshalls will help you sort it. That's a fair comparison.

Now if you would carefully take a potato and hand carve an insert, you could strategically tuck it in the exhaust when you felt threatened by the short arm of the law. Baked potato's are delicious.

My bike shouldn't be on public roads either so I think I made an apt comparison. Ironically, it'll cradle a tinfoiled sausage quite nicely between the rear cylinder and exhaust pipe.

Back
Top Bottom