I got rear-ended by a tow truck luckily in my car | GTAMotorcycle.com

I got rear-ended by a tow truck luckily in my car

BrownBrady

Last night, I was driving in my car through unusually slow traffic on a one way street due to an incident in the leftmost lane. My lane moved, and I drove past whatever it was blocking the left lane. The light turned amber, then red, as I normally decelerated and came to a stop. I looked at my rearview mirror and noticed the tow truck driver rubbernecking as it got bigger and bigger in my rearview until BAM. It all happened within 3 seconds after I stopped. My car was pushed almost one carlength into the intersection. The driver kept saying she was sorry and would pay cash for all the damages for me not to report it to the police. I reported it. There was a witness who stayed at the scene. My wife and I ended up in the hospital with stiff necks and headaches.

It's scary to think how things could have turned out had I been on my motorcycle.

Some of these tow truck drivers are probably the worst drivers I've ever seen in my life. I'm not going to generalize here, but I've seen plenty of bone head moves from these guys. Going in a turning lane at a red and cutting everyone off once the light turns green, aggressive lane changes, blocking parking lots because they always have to park side by side in the worst spots, tailgating etc.

I understand that they may need to move a car quickly from the road because it may cause traffic delays, but that doesn't warrant wreckless driving.

I feel pretty confident to generalize, tow truck drivers and taxi drivers behave like a$*****s , and in turn they must be treated like a$*****s. The odd "decent", nice guy, truck driver out there must prove that he is "decent" before I trust him.

Let's repudiate tow truck drivers until they change themselves into Good Guy Greg.

Only exception - CAA two trucks and possibly Ambassador taxi cabs.

I understand that they may need to move a car quickly from the road because it may cause traffic delays, but that doesn't warrant wreckless driving.

Don't kid yourself. These guys are not rushing to the scene of an accident so that they can get traffic moving again as soon as possible. They are just trying to beat the other 12 tow-weasels there to make a buck.

OP. which company was is? You said she so im going to guess First Image.

@Torren: I did not notice a company name on her truck but it looked like it was an unmarked two-tone black/white pickup. I did not get out of the vehicle because I had ringing in my ears and my neck hurt almost immediately but my wife snapped a photo of the license plates (attached). Before the accident, I noticed that she was not tailgating me and kept a good distance. It was not until we passed the incident on the left when she rubbernecked and got distracted. During information collection, she blamed her pre-teen son who was sitting with her in the front seat for distracting her, but I clearly saw her looking to her left before the hit.
careless-tow-truck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom