ZX6R charging problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

ZX6R charging problem

hamaad89

Hey guys -

My stator blew up recently so I replaced it. I'm still having charging issues. I replaced the rectifier naturally but still no charge reaching the battery.

When I disconnect the headlights i get an increase in charge reaching the battery (~13.6v) but when the fan comes on, it takes away from the charge and goes back down to (~12.10v)

I took a tester to the positive lead and connected it to the other side that goes into the rectifier and there doesn't seem to be a short.

Any idea what to look for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What engine RPM are you doing this test at?

If the engine is only idling, it is quite possible that the alternator simply does not put out enough power to supply everything and keep the battery charging.

13.6 volts with next-to-no load means your charging system is doing *something*.

Do the test again with the engine at 5000 rpm.

What engine RPM are you doing this test at?

If the engine is only idling, it is quite possible that the alternator simply does not put out enough power to supply everything and keep the battery charging.

13.6 volts with next-to-no load means your charging system is doing *something*.

Do the test again with the engine at 5000 rpm.

Thanks Brian. I'm actually revving up to 5000 and 13.6 is all I get. did the same test on my ninja 250r and around idle i'm gettin 14.2v. I'm starting to wonder if this could have anything to do with relay box being burnt out?

Thanks Brian. I'm actually revving up to 5000 and 13.6 is all I get. did the same test on my ninja 250r and around idle i'm gettin 14.2v. I'm starting to wonder if this could have anything to do with relay box being burnt out?

What voltage do you get with the load on at 5000? 13.6 loaded at 5000 sounds ok.

Lose connection to relay assembly/junction. Hard to tell it was lose. Unplugged and Replugged harness and it started charging again.

Back
Top Bottom