First time need tips scooter. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First time need tips scooter.

Don't get an e-bike. You are 17: It's either a bicycle or a proper engine. If a scooter I would strongly recommend getting 150cc. They are as easy to ride as 50cc but can go on 80kmh highways very comfortably. (They can go on freeways but can't get out of trouble's path very easily so best avoided.) The best value, not cheapest, would be a Taiwanese model. Italian makes charge for the name. Try Fada Scoters in Ken. Mkt. for advice. Not Motoretta. And a training course would be good. Scooter's are just automatic motorcycles so can also be hazardous to the untrained.

[video=youtube;T4r1hvUo0ko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4r1hvUo0ko[/video]

Check insurance first. You may realize you cant get anything.

I ride a Triumph. As we speak I am in Turks and Caicos: I've rented a Vespa for the week, and what a blast! Easy to ride, great storage - pop up the seat and drop in the groceries or helmet, hop on - hop off easily alone, or with my wife on the back, and I've had it up over 90 km. I have new respect for these.

Check insurance first. You may realize you cant get anything.

Yes.

Everybody went off fu***n' topic and forgot about the guy.
Chances are he probably does not have the budget to get into this.
Ebike is cool. Better than nothing. Able to break all man-made rules. True rebel. Dat's what is next for me, screw insurance.

Sincerely,

Me
owner of two scooters and not longer riding a bike

I have an Aprilia Scarabeo 200 (in addition to my bike) and it's great. 16" wheels, 185cc, 15hp and perfect for my 10 min commute every day.

10 minutes? The poor engine doesn't even have time to warm up! Not sure what kinda roads you are taking for your commute, but unless its a 400 series highway you'd probably be better served (wallet and health) by riding a bicycle or walking.

I started out with a Scarabeo 200 myself, it is a good scooter and I bought it because my riding typically required maintaining higher speeds (80km/h+) but in town it is heavy and overkill. If you are commuting in the city stick with a 150cc or less.

For the OP
Yamaha's currently running a promo on 13-14 BW's 50/ Zuma X....$700 acc credit or $500 credit towards rider training or insurance.

OP never logged in again after posting the question.

Based on their initial inquiry, I think the price of insurance will put an immediate stop to any plan they had to ride a gas-powered scooter. It seems like they were hoping for the moped days where you could ride 50cc and under for free (or close to it).

10 minutes? The poor engine doesn't even have time to warm up! Not sure what kinda roads you are taking for your commute, but unless its a 400 series highway you'd probably be better served (wallet and health) by riding a bicycle or walking.

I started out with a Scarabeo 200 myself, it is a good scooter and I bought it because my riding typically required maintaining higher speeds (80km/h+) but in town it is heavy and overkill. If you are commuting in the city stick with a 150cc or less.

My commute is primarily around downtown. Agree that I don't need more than 150cc for that but when I bought the scooter, it was my only bike so I wanted the option of higher speeds. I don't find it that heavy though (~300 lbs wet?)- at least not compared to my bike (~500 lbs)

I also like the Scarabeo because of its larger wheels compared to Vespas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom