How far (backwards) we've come | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How far (backwards) we've come

nope...lice love clean hair/scalp too....maybe even more.
Source?
Bathing & washing your hair flush lice & eggs away reducing numbers should significantly

In reality, lice are not selective. They don't care if hair is long, short, blonde, brown, washed this morning or last week. As long as they are warm, and have blood to drink, then they are content.

But clean hair that is not greasy and dirty would make it "easier" for the nits to adhere to the hair shaft? They do like long hair though....cosy.

Anyways....My whole point was that bad hygiene isn't a reason for lice.

Some other interesting facts about head lice that researchers have found:
head lice are more common in long hair
infestations are two to four times more common in girls
head lice spread through head-head contact – explaining why they spread through childcare centres, schools and families
head lice don't always make your head itchy – so you need to look closely to find them
head lice can't survive for too long off the head – focus treatment on the hair not the house.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I agree, but officially it's not a public health concern. There are no major repercussions from having lice.

I taught at a VERY low income school in the UK and it's just par for the course. You can't even call public health to come in.

Eton?

Every place I've ever worked, there are the one or two parents that always seem to have some kind of child-related crisis and need to leave early/come in late/not show up. It's not the business's responsibility to provide part-time employment at full-time pay to these people.
I'm not talking about once or twice a year - that happens - but once or twice a month or more. Other employees now have to shoulder the load, projects get set back, deliverables aren't met, obligations to clients aren't met.
As for the two-parent income; yes, in many cases, it's required to just provide the basics. But in many cases it's wanted, just to provide the 3rd flatscreen TV, the second car, the twice a year vacations, and all the other unneccessary stuff people just can't live without.
Every would-be rider who comes onto this forum is given tons of info regarding the ancilliary costs of owning a motorcycle. People wanting kids should listen to the same advice.

I have some muppets at work that cant get to the office by 8 because little joey cant start daycare before 730 and its a 40 minute drive. I get that. But the Idiots also buy cheap houses 45 minutes away, because there cheaper. They cant live near the office its too spendy, but they can be late and leave early every friggin day.

But that other part about 3TV's , second car and twice a year vacation? Yeah that stuff is totally OK. The problem lies in trying to do that with the WRONG job. Want to have flex hrs and leave when you want? Be the smart guy that runs the place, or better owns the place. Or at least take an outside sales job where nobody knows when and where you are. Marry somebody that makes bags o money so the other person can be a flakey pastry. Choosing wrong in life is no reason to begrudge others cars, yachts and holidays.

"I'd like to see the new Tigercat facility shut down, they feed junk food to all the guests and those Tigercats just never look happy."

Good reply; very funny!

Last edited:
Our girl's school sends notices home about head lice at least every other month. Tea Tree oil and braids has kept lice out of our home. I was the smallest of 4, so I did all the channel changing. Can't recall even one student who had an allergy of any kind (small village, farming area).

The issue here is laziness. We bath our girls regularily, plus touch ups in between. Our girls are knowledgeable of lice, they know not to share hats etc. The 'mother' from hamilton is quite frankly an ******. Why should my kids have to take extra steps to avoid the filth you've bred into you're children?

Sad.

Generally the quality of people has fallen. It's a damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom