Big Bike "ADV" Ride Sunday - Sept 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Big Bike "ADV" Ride Sunday - Sept 7

gqelements

Site Supporter
Thought i'd post this here (instead of Rides) due to mainly off-road audience. Thinking of going out tomorrow and discovering Boundary road, HWY35 Roadside Trails and maybe the venturing into the Ganny. I'm on a Tiger with (worn) TKC80's so pace will be 'gentleman offroad' :)

Can't promise that i know the route terribly well or will string the trails together adequately, but am set out on some (possibly solo) exploring and if anyone wants to join, you're more than welcome. If you have route suggestions - happy to play along, as long as they are not on pavement.

Thinking of a 8:30am departure from Sheppard and 404 Tim's.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to tag along if you're okay with an off road newb. Will you plan on taking back roads there or hoping in the 401?

I'm planning to take 401 to Oshawa/Whitby and then back-roads. Alternately 401 to 115/35, depending on the route and the way the wind blows in the morning.

I know the way to 115 going across on 7/Winchester /concession rd7 to be quite scenic and relaxing too as an alternative. By Sheppard and 401 did you mean near port union? That's the only location I see them intersect.

No problem, good ride.
good thing we didn't go down this path:

WP_20140907_12_52_07_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Do you perhaps have a route/map overlay? Got my 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R last week and would like to try out a few trails / scenic routes.

Hopefully I can make the next ride :)

I'll take my Strom out with you guys next time you head out. I'm riding with Anakee 3 tires which seem to be mostly street as a 90/10 tire.
Hopefully I see your post.

I'm in for a Sunday ride, weather permitting.

Is this open to weirdos?

We rode boundary road into the Ganaraska Forest last week. Not sure if everyone wants to get a day pass for the forest or not. If not, I'm completely open to new routes.

We rode boundary road into the Ganaraska Forest last week. Not sure if everyone wants to get a day pass for the forest or not. If not, I'm completely open to new routes.
How does a full membership work? If I buy now will it cover all next season?

If not, how much is a day pass?

Sorry, I know I could Google this, but I'm at work and only have my phone to work with.

It is valid for a year so if you buy it now it is good until next Sept

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Membership is 125 for the year. Day pass is 25. All depends on if you like the trails in there to go more than a few times

In that case, I'd say if we were going to spend a few hours in the Ganny, I'd get a day pass just to see if I want a year pass.

If we are just riding a boundary road and you know some non park roads or trails, then let's just reroute this time.

Sunday is looking to be cool but sunny, which is ideal for riding as far as I'm concerned, so I'm very likely up for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom