Shipping across Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping across Canada

palmpalm

Site Supporter
So I am currently in Vancouver, B.C. I rode from Toronto to Los Angeles then rode up the entire pacific coast highway. Was the ride of a lifetime!

My plan was to ride home across Canada but looking at the weather for the next 5 days from Calgary eastward I see below zero temps and snow.

I am considering shipping my bike home and taking a train/plane.

Can anyone recommend a service that does this?

So I am currently in Vancouver, B.C. I rode from Toronto to Los Angeles then rode up the entire pacific coast highway. Was the ride of a lifetime!

My plan was to ride home across Canada but looking at the weather for the next 5 days from Calgary eastward I see below zero temps and snow.

I am considering shipping my bike home and taking a train/plane.

Can anyone recommend a service that does this?

Looks to be about a grand with this company:

http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/s_insideCanada.htm

Try uship.ca and see if anyone is heading this way.

Other than that, I shipped a bike from Brampton to Vancouver once using Fastfrate, and I think it was less than $300, but I had to source a crate, bring both the bike and the crate to their terminal, and package it up so they could load it on a trailer with a forklift. They might offer a more complete service and crate it for you, I don't know.

Is the weather okay for you between Vancouver and Calgary? If so, maybe ride over the mountains and ship it out from there? Might save you a bit. I sure wouldn't recommend riding a motorbike through mountains in snow though!

I guess you could also go south again and get back through the US, though that'll for sure increase your travel time 2-3 days.

Try Con-Way Freight. They have bars and straps on all their trailers. Throw a sleeping bag over the tank for protection.

Thanks for all the replies. Had some great riding today in B.C. But only made it about 500kms. Will see what weather tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Its snowing in the mountains right now, Jasper/Banff out to Calgary and Edmonton. Further west you'll get freezing rain and wet snow over as far as Three Valley Gap. It wont last, but the next two days will be ugly.

Thanks for all the replies. Had some great riding today in B.C. But only made it about 500kms. Will see what weather tomorrow brings.

You can always rent a U-Haul cube van and use it to take the bike past Calgary where the weather is a bit better. Get some cheap ratchet straps from Canadian Tire.

Back
Top Bottom