Android KitKat 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 update? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android KitKat 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 update?

Skully

o.k all you techies, my phone today is telling me to update to new kitkat version, so my questions are:

1. any advantage, eg. speed/security
2. stability
3. general functionality of apps

so far i have no issues with the 4.4.3, i hear but not sure if it wipes the phone clean for the upgrade, so losing things that are on it. thanks to everyone for the replies

What phone? Nexus 5?

You shouldn't lose anything, it should just install over top. You probably won't notice much of a difference either. The camera is more stable, that's about it.

Last edited:
To take it just another step farther from jailbreaking.

HUH? this is android, not iphone... you're in the wrong thread

o.k all you techies, my phone today is telling me to update to new kitkat version, so my questions are:

1. any advantage, eg. speed/security
2. stability
3. general functionality of apps

so far i have no issues with the 4.4.3, i hear but not sure if it wipes the phone clean for the upgrade, so losing things that are on it. thanks to everyone for the replies

It's a security upgrade. You won't lose anything.

CVE-2014-0224 fixed, eliminating an OpenSSL man-in-the-middle vulnerability.

Last edited:
HUH? this is android, not iphone... you're in the wrong thread

It's a security upgrade. You won't lose anything.

I jailbroke my android phone, by checking off third party souces lmao

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

IIRC some tweaks to camera, battery optimization and security. I doubt you have a Nexus if you're just getting the 4.4.4 roll-out now but I used a program called Nexus Root Toolkit on my Nexus devices to unlock them.

thanks for the replies, i didnt think to mention the maker of the phone(motorola), didnt think it mattered. i tried a search and came up with it will/could wipe your data...etc. ill take the update then, thanks.

thanks for the replies, i didnt think to mention the maker of the phone(motorola), didnt think it mattered. i tried a search and came up with it will/could wipe your data...etc. ill take the update then, thanks.

Thats just a blanket statement they make...it could wipe your data but i have never seen that happen on android!

Back
Top Bottom