A trip of a lifetime Ontario to Washington - California and back July - Aug 2014 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

A trip of a lifetime Ontario to Washington - California and back July - Aug 2014

Mine was supposed to be this year as well but morphed into a road trip with GF cuz somebody here mentioned a short cut across Lake Michigan and it snowballed from there ( it was a great trip tho...notched a few bucket list check offs )
Pics if you like to inspire the next long trip

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...e-on-the-bucket-list-for-touring-destinations

Maybe next year on the bike...sigh. That might mark 50 years of riding motorcycles so a worthwhile marker....must keep June open :D

Last edited:
Hi there! Looks like you had an amazing time. How did you deal with all those hours alone? Ever wonder "what the hell am I doing here?"
I did a similar trip this summer too. Left Montreal, rode across Canada to BC, then down the coast. I spent about 2 weeks riding around California. Colorado was definitely a highlight.
My blog is here: http://one-less-bucket.blogspot.ca/
I see you went through Montana and that is something I wished I had time for. Maybe next time.
Anyways, thanks for the posts. You went to some of the same places I went and it brought back great memories.

Hey Eric.
I just finished reading your blog.
Sorry I didn't read it sooner but i was fighting the flue bug this week.
I also did a blog like yours...It was a great way to stay in touch with family and friends.
Trouble was they expected a daily update so i had to post every day.
I loved the pictures that you took.
I took all my pics with my phone cause of convenience.
You can tell that you used a better quality camera.

In regards to your question traveling alone......
I'm used to it and never really became lonely or anything.
I mean with riding you meet all kinds of great people everyday.
A couple years back I did a trip to Colorado.
I was sitting having a coffee one morning and realized "holy crap it would take me 3 days to get home"
Ya that freaked me out for a bit.
Eventually that went away and I was fine for the rest of the trip.
Its funny that i never felt "holy crap it will take me a week to get home" on this trip :)

Montana...Big Sky Country.
I love Colorado but Montana is one big WOW.
Beartooth Pass...Yellowstone and Glacier are a must not to mention all the Canyon riding that there is.
Ya Montana is one of my favorite places.

That makes 3 of us having a solo motorcycle trip of a lifetime this summer.

my ride report is here: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/trip-week-1/

Hey Schneller I just finished reading your blog.
I had started it but then flue bug cam.
You also took some great pics and i loved your use of HDR is some of them.
Love your reports and the characters that you met.
You seem to have a better way of telling the story or adventure.
Much better that I.
Also I am very impressed with the age of your ride and the fact that you did this trip without a windshield...very impressed.
I guess a full face really helps.
With the age of the ride comes the age of the seat and comfort is everything when doing a trip like this.
You also had quite a few friends along the way.
Sometimes a good home cooked meal is everything at the end of the day.
weather it be burgers on the bar b cue or a roast beef diner.
Thanks again for your great report.

Hey kiley
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and answer my questions. I too had a couple moments when is thought "holy ****, what the hell am i doing here in the middle of nowhere and so far from home". But these were mostly short-lived and overall i was happy to be alone.
For the pictures i had my phone (Samsung S3) and a gopro 3. I liked to mount the gogro on my bike and set it to take pictures with a 30 second time-delay. Then at the end of the day i would review the day's pictures. It was kinda fun because there would always be some gems.

Back
Top Bottom