Please help! 02 GSXR 750 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Please help! 02 GSXR 750

Kaisy09

I've been searching for answers for over a month now (googling and Bike forums), fixing/working on everything I can find. My bike is sputtering and bogging down at 8k RPMS only when I give it full throttle. Not running right.
I've adjusted my throttle position sensor, fuel pump throttle cable
cleaned my high pressure fuel pump filter
cleaned out all gas in my bike
replaced spark plugs
changed oil filter and oil
I am stumped and can't figure out what is going on. Please help, it's my main transportation and I need to fix it. :confused:
Any advice is most definitely welcomed!! Thank you
Hopefully I put this post in the right area...
Also isn't throwing any codes

Last edited:
Just a guess, but since you've done all the basics, maybe it's time to look into the ECU/wiring.

FI light come on? Did you try putting it in dealer mode? (paperclip) lol

I had the same issue with my 2004 gsxr, turned out to be the secondary throttle valve actuator...exact same symptoms as you're describing.

FI light come on? Did you try putting it in dealer mode? (paperclip) lol

I had the same issue with my 2004 gsxr, turned out to be the secondary throttle valve actuator...exact same symptoms as you're describing.

As Paul mentioned, the C28 issue is a common GSXR problem (04 at least) and it sounds very much like what you are experiencing. First step is going into dealer mode to confirm the error code. You can repair it yourself with some time and patience. Youtube has some DIY videos on how to repair and google has pictures of how to disassemble the actuactor. You will need a soldering iron,, torx screw driver, drill for removing rivets or other tool. Or take it to the shop. Once you remove the actuator, you will get charged an hours labor to solder the point together.

As Paul mentioned, the C28 issue is a common GSXR problem (04 at least) and it sounds very much like what you are experiencing. First step is going into dealer mode to confirm the error code. You can repair it yourself with some time and patience. Youtube has some DIY videos on how to repair and google has pictures of how to disassemble the actuactor. You will need a soldering iron,, torx screw driver, drill for removing rivets or other tool. Or take it to the shop. Once you remove the actuator, you will get charged an hours labor to solder the point together.
What's actually broken when it does that?

What's actually broken when it does that?
STVADissassembled.jpg

As shown in the above photo, a soldering point on the circuit board comes loose. Silly engineers decided to mount the actuator to the frame which is vibrating like crazy, since it surrounds the engine. I believe the actuator was relocated off of the frame in later models, as a result.

STVADissassembled.jpg

As shown in the above photo, a soldering point on the circuit board comes loose. Silly engineers decided to mount the actuator to the frame which is vibrating like crazy, since it surrounds the engine. I believe the actuator was relocated off of the frame in later models, as a result.
Nice, thanks

I could solder it for you if you get it off the bike

I have one Ready to go if anyone is intrested.

Back
Top Bottom