Hamilton toughies (vid) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hamilton toughies (vid)

Those punks were over 18 and riding bikes in a food court. The security guards should have just immediately called for back up so they could all lay the boots to them. Doing stupid **** at 12 is understandable, but at 18 and 24??? Pieces of ****.

except the guard, stupid move or not, had a legal right to use as much force as necessary to remove the guy from the property.

images

As far as I'm currently aware, Gaurds cant do diddly squat, except stand by and call for real authorities.?

mall cops trying to be tough,didnt work and got a beating for there efforts,should of called the real police.

Somehow I get the feeling that in 10 years the 24 year old dude will be 34 and still hanging out at the mall with some 17 year old kids

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, that would be as much "reasonable" force as may be necessary. The security guard was well within his powers to push or drag the guy off the property once he refused to leave.

Once the guy struck back at the guard, it's escalated to an assault, and under the CCC, the guard may initiate a "citizen's arrest"

It's been awhile since I've been a renta-cop, so if things have changed, please correct me.

I don't think it is "as much force as necessary", but I did find a few things.

Edit again.

This seems to be on topic.

"There is also the Criminal Code of Canada, which is a federal law and applies in all provinces and territories, regardless of whether they have trespassing statutes of their own. It doesn't give property owners and security guards authority to arrest or prosecute persons for trespassing, or to exact monetary damages, but it does give them legal authority to physically remove trespassers. This power is found in section 41 of the Code, which says that a person in peaceable possession of a dwelling-house or real property (which is to say, everyone who owns or rents or has control over a home, or any land, or any buildings attached to land), or a person who is acting under his or her authority (such as a security guard), is allowed to use reasonable force to remove trespassers. So, if a person is trespassing on property and won't leave voluntarily, a guard would have legal justification under this section to use reasonable force to remove him or her."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom