It begins.. Ontario Govt to reduce std road limit to 40km/ph !!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It begins.. Ontario Govt to reduce std road limit to 40km/ph !!!

Haven't you people caught on.
Our Government is NOT here to SOLVE PROBLEMS they want more problems so they can raise taxes and tell ppl they need money to fix problems and the cycle repeats.

Ask yourself, why is a road grated up and sits there for months.
The only way I see a change is if someone or group took to social media and got enough ppl to commit to only vote for the candidate (candidates) that will commit in writing that they will get rid of xyz.

You didn't decline your ballot, you didn't vote, so if you wonder why the choice is so poor, it's because people don't vote. There are alternatives to the three stooges.

This shows your lack of understanding.. There is a difference between not voting, a spoiled ballot and a declined ballot. Go back to grade 10 and re-take social studies :cool:

I love roundabouts. And would die for some chicanes. Lots of fun in Mexico at 2am.
Arbitrarily reducing speeds don't work. On my route to work in York Region, there are two major streets that used to be 70km/h, which are now 60km/h. Only about 5% of the local population drives within 10km/h over the posted limit. You are being blown by if you drive at 70km/h. Traffic flow is at a maintained 80km/h for most. I rarely see cops here anymore too...
Yep this is exactly like Rutherford road. Speed limit absurdly reduced from 70 to 60 and now almost everyone is going 80 plus. The odd time where everyone is going 60, the traffic becomes overbearing and just creates even more road rage that wasn't around with the 70 speed limit.

This was clearly a "revenue road" because there are a lot of hiding spots for police to camp out on. Lowering the speed just allowed them to generate more revenue.

This shows your lack of understanding.. There is a difference between not voting, a spoiled ballot and a declined ballot. Go back to grade 10 and re-take social studies :cool:

I was gonna ask him how he knew you didn't vote, when you clearly said you declined.

It's true that studies show that the public will drive a certain speed on roads even if the speed limit is set low.

I'm thinking you are onto something GG. Remember, you (people in ON) gave the liberals, a party with a huge tax and spend history, to the point of adding $140 billion in debt over something like 10 years, a majority. Maybe it is about revenue generation. Bring on the speed traps even more. Though speed traps aren't about revenue generation, right?

Many towns in the USA don't have property tax. Funds are raised by Speed taxes. We get both.

Speed bumps slow down cars forcing them to waste fuel and energy decelerating and accelerating. Bumps also slow down ambulances and fire trucks.

Come to think of it, with the condition of our roads who's going to notice a few more speed bumps?

residential streets? eh who cares.... main streets I'm worried about.

Residential streets are being used to go around the congested arterials more and more

Actually, it shows many people's. What happens when a majority of people decline their ballots?

As far as I know, the person with the most votes still wins.

As to the original topic. The streets aren't very safe. There are too many vehicles.
They should raise speed limits to stress the point, and pedestrian deaths would go down.

Otherwise, require someone to walk in front of the vehicle waving a lamp to warn pedestrians away.

Last edited:
Actually, it shows many people's. What happens when a majority of people decline their ballots?

As far as I know, the person with the most votes still wins.

However the it gets the guy in second place thinking "What if I had those declined ballots?"

I watch idiot parents let their young kids ride around on scooters with no helmet in my neighbourhood. They blast down their driveway, on a curved section of road and into the street like it's some kind of run off area for them to turn around on. The parents are watching while this is going on and are completely oblivious. Getting hit like that at 40km/h isn't going to end any better for a 6 year old. You can bet the parents will blame EVERYONE but themselves when somebody gets hit too.

Back
Top Bottom