PA again 219 out of Buffalo question | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA again 219 out of Buffalo question

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Staff was supposed to go to PA with a friend who bailed so I'll sub in ( break my heart ) ;)

I usually go down 400 over my GPSs protests and then that puts me on 16.

Heading straight on 190 would seem to put a chunk of toll road 90 in the way until the 219 cut off.
Is that true?

Is it worth it to do 219 instead of 400/16?

Is it worth it to cut over to 240 from either route as it seems to wind through some terrain going thrugh Kissing Bridge etc.

We'll be going through there around 7-8 am tomorrow morning for reference.
.219 to the left . 240 goes down the middle...400/16 to the right.

https://goo.gl/maps/eXuyF

Thanks

Weather looks Tstormy on Sat but nice on Sunday and we might stay over and come back Monday = weather looks very good...not so hot.

I'm sure he can get time off....all he has to do is ask the boss .....me. :D

We'll do the usual good roads in PA basing somewhere S of Renovo...maybe State College or Bellefonte

Suggestions for low cost motels welcome as usual
Ride reports that are current for the area as well.
TIA

If you cross at Fort Erie, the short piece of I-90 west that you take does not have a toll on it. 219 south is the last exit before the toll booths.

Having said that, 219 from the I-90 junction to about 15 mi north of Ellicottville is a divided 4 lane motorway. 240 looks like a two-lane road through all the towns but I haven't been on it. Which one you take depends on whether you just need to get there, or whether you have some time to kill ...

The 219 is indeed 4 lanes up to just before Ellicottville and it's fairly quick in there. I love rolling through that area such that I don't much care how long it takes to do it, but I've never seen it congested.

If you cross at Fort Erie, the short piece of I-90 west that you take does not have a toll on it. 219 south is the last exit before the toll booths.

excellent - will follow the gps this time

too nasty to do PA on Sat
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/olean-ny/14760/weather-forecast/339724

...doing Huntsville then pick this up...

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?185470-Riding-the-Ontario-Highlands

B821695825Z120140820101941000GK01A4HJ55.jpg

Well that worked out okay. Ellicotville the rain quit ( for now )

Thanks for 219 info - worked out well. 3 other Ontario riders in the Timmies.

2 hours to Coudersport - that's okay

Did you check out the awesome abandoned house in Coudersport? Old weathered clapboard with a 4 story square tower. Right out of the Adams Family.

Also if you're in Coudersport you can't be more than 20kms from the Austin dam sight. Built in 1909 it broke 3 years later and flooded the valley killing 78 people. The remains are still there in a nice park.

I have a funny story about the house for later.

At McDs in Lewisburg waiting out a Tstorm. Lovely riding day. Just raced ahead of the rain - literally by a few blocks then in and out of the edge for 40 miles but not putting our rain jackets on.
Worked.

Met some guys that were coming home 10 days in the Smokies - gave me a tip about Little Switzerland.
They are going to be soggy riders and one guy heading to Kingston.

Pissing down now ....we are booked 4 km away and will wait til it gets a bit drier.

Gorgeous day - chilly tho - liners in order. Heading to Shamokin for a loop.
$76 w tax Canadian for a Rodeway in Lewisburg - was "okay" - bikes right outside the window

125 out of Shamokin was a treat - lots of other surprises

Taking a break near wilkes barre

3 hours winding roads to State College

$46 tax in for a Super 8 - happy with that - like the chain and signed up for their bonus program.

Spend part of tomorrow rattling around the area to the north then head over to Letchworth for early supper and home.
Just an absolutely stunning day.

Winding Roads traced a very nice route out of State College and managed to note one of the good roads down ( never did turn the tracker on :( )

Moose Run or Moose River run ...hooks up with 144 to Renovo. Very enjoyable.

The 144 north - again lots of fun - very little traffic....but once you get near Cherry springs there is construction and cut outs ( you gotta know it's fracking pipes ) in the road every km or less....road is totally cut across about a yard deep and filled in then with gravel and a couple are on corners....so take it easy.

Hd cheap good lunch at Corner Cafe in Ulysses then meandered to Letchworth.

Wasn't that hungry so paid the park entrance $8 and desert and coffee worked out to be free.
Nice break - usual photos for the first time riding buddy and then hit Lewiston.
Usual annoying sun until Hamilton and now it's cheap burger night at Symposium. $3.75 for a total treat...perfectly done and generous burger.....every Monday night.

Winding Roads traced a very nice route out of State College and managed to note one of the good roads down ( never did turn the tracker on :( )

Moose Run or Moose River run ...hooks up with 144 to Renovo. Very enjoyable.

The 144 north - again lots of fun - very little traffic....but once you get near Cherry springs there is construction and cut outs ( you gotta know it's fracking pipes ) in the road every km or less....road is totally cut across about a yard deep and filled in then with gravel and a couple are on corners....so take it easy.

Hd cheap good lunch at Corner Cafe in Ulysses then meandered to Letchworth.

Wasn't that hungry so paid the park entrance $8 and desert and coffee worked out to be free.
Nice break - usual photos for the first time riding buddy and then hit Lewiston.
Usual annoying sun until Hamilton and now it's cheap burger night at Symposium. $3.75 for a total treat...perfectly done and generous burger.....every Monday night.

144 construction got me last time as well, will try and check out moose river run next time

It's Moose Run Road...aka 4007 north out of Milesburg ....

https://goo.gl/maps/Quyof

Runs parallel to 144.

Definitely need to spend some more time in that area and south.

I need to go down and retrieve some stuff I left at the Super8. Any good reason for a ride ( shipping it up is far too mundane ).

My goodness that is a tempting stretch of fine weather to head to the Smokies....hmmm...stop by State College....ride a bit further...

Back
Top Bottom