Beginner/ Intermediate.... Green/Yellow | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beginner/ Intermediate.... Green/Yellow

CDN-GTR

So what makes the differences between the classes, how do you know when to move up.

I just watched a video from TMP, that I think was the noob group and the riders in the video scared me. The Green group at the GTAM Event at GB, didn't and I was riding in that group.

If you are consistently getting slowed down by other riders, it's time to move up.

Different track days have different clienteles ...

If no one (or just a couple of guys/girls) is passing you, and no one is riding your ***, then definitely bump up. Some guys like to be the big fish in a small pond, but being the slower guy in a faster session will help increase your skillset quicker.

After poking around on the site, for TMP the general consensus from a few threads seems to be:
Green: 1:30+
Yellow: 1:24-1:29
Red: 1:23 and under

Wouldn't mind seeing similar general/loose guides for other tracks / layouts.

But agree with CJBenedict above completely.

Go in green, see how you like it. If not more up.

I do ride in green and like it a lot I know I'm not the fastest in the corners but green lets me work on it. It was just a video I saw of the green group at TMP that scared me, people going off track, passing on the inside next to the wall. Crazy sh*t like that.

I do ride in green and like it a lot I know I'm not the fastest in the corners but green lets me work on it. It was just a video I saw of the green group at TMP that scared me, people going off track, passing on the inside next to the wall. Crazy sh*t like that.

You'd be more comfortable passing on the outside ​next the wall?

More crazy **** happens in intermediate. People have more confidence and therefore act more aggressive which usually results in sketchy passes and bikes going where there's no asphalt.

People run off in every group. Passing between the wall and rider is not the best thing to do, but if that riders line is down the middle of the track it can be easier to pass along the wall. Just hold your line and don't weave around and you'll be fine. And don't watch people run off or you may go with them.

Back
Top Bottom