GoPro video of fatal motorcycle accident | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro video of fatal motorcycle accident

I hope everyone one here watches this.

PLEASE

Keep the speeds down, this is the only way can avoid this. We are never going to improve or change car drivers.

If you want to fly,, go to the track.

If you notice a possible left turner, do tire lane changes in your lane.

Drive with your high beams on.

Every little but helps.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Seriously, tire lane changes and riding with your high beams on are not an effective requirement for riding a bike.

Get a few more years under your belt and you'll understand how this is poor advice you are trying to pass on.

Almost as ridiculous as saying loud pipes and hi viz gear are needed.

Ouch, you could see it coming.

Damn we are fragile. I was expecting him to hit the car and stop, he seemed to fly quite a ways.

At just 50 Khm I flew completely over a Honda Accord, lengthwise, without making further contact with it. At that speed he might have gone 50+ feet before hitting the ground.

is that how fast he was going before he hit the car? damn...

Does look like it. 12 o'clock on that FJR's speedo is about 95mph.

full.jpg

holy crap... scary seeing it in real life.

RIP Mate.

He was about 2-3 seconds too late to pull the front brake. No car was in front of him so he had a clear vision on the car that was about to turn right. The car actually stopped for a few seconds on the right turn lane with the signal on. I believe this accident shouldn't happen had he judged the situation better.

RIP David :(

Neither Here nor There.

He was about 2-3 seconds too late to pull the front brake. No car was in front of him so he had a clear vision on the car that was about to turn right. The car actually stopped for a few seconds on the right turn lane with the signal on. I believe this accident shouldn't happen had he judged the situation better.

Damn. Speechless after watching that video.

That was totally avoidable, but a good reminder for alot of us.

From The Mirror:

"The male driver of the Renault Clio David hit appeared in court following the accident.

The motorist admitted causing death by careless driving and got a 12 months community sentence in April and an 18 month driving ban.

He was also ordered to pay £200 costs with a £60 surcharge and do 130 hours unpaid work.

Ch Insp Spinks added: "We know from the footage that David was travelling up to 100mph. Regardless of the speed of the bike, the car manoeuvre should not have been attempted."

Not sure how I feel about that--the rider was going about 60km/h over the limit, potentially killing the driver too. Unless there's CCTV footage of the driver being an absolute turkey.

From The Mirror:

"The male driver of the Renault Clio David hit appeared in court following the accident.

The motorist admitted causing death by careless driving and got a 12 months community sentence in April and an 18 month driving ban.

He was also ordered to pay £200 costs with a £60 surcharge and do 130 hours unpaid work.

Ch Insp Spinks added: "We know from the footage that David was travelling up to 100mph. Regardless of the speed of the bike, the car manoeuvre should not have been attempted."

Not sure how I feel about that--the rider was going about 60km/h over the limit, potentially killing the driver too. Unless there's CCTV footage of the driver being an absolute turkey.

Just because someone is jaywalking you couldn't run them over without consequence

^ That is a correct judgment, as it should be.

It's on the rider's video that the car turned in front of the motorcycle - violating the motorcyclist's right of way, regardless of the speed of the bike. The car driver should not have done that, and was properly charged and convicted for it. The evidence is plain as day on video. "Careless driving" doesn't necessarily mean a sustained period of improper behaviour ... a one second inappropriate decision (turning in front of another vehicle that has right of way) is enough.

It's also on video that the rider was travelling at excessive speed ... but it would serve little purpose to lay charges against a dead person.

Keep in mind that legal definitions of "careless driving causing death" etc are not necessarily the same between different countries.

Are you kidding? Wow... WOW

I dont think this thread should be about who is at fault.. As most of these seem to be about after the usual crowd chip in with their $.02

Here 3 facts

1. There are laws on the road
2. People brake the laws
3. Laws 1 n 2 will never change

Who gives a F"cK
What you should be worried about is. How do i prevent this from happening.

The only thing the rider can do on that road in that time is ride slower.. And why? Not because its the law but because its the only way he can prevent himself from getting killed by some idiots wrong doing

You think the rider cares about who is at fault who turned when?

You cannot count on other people being smart or obeying laws. You do the smart thing to keep yourself alive

You cannot count on other people being smart or obeying laws. You do the smart thing to keep yourself alive

This.

I once read on this forum by someone "assume everyone on the road is actually retarded" or something along the lines of that. Though that may be degrading to those with a mental illness, this philosophy I have taken literally on the road and it's definitely improved my defensive riding.

He sped, she turned in front of him, we all hate cagers, he died so cars are bad. Got it.

Are you kidding? Wow... WOW

I meant David should have judged the situation better, slow down when approaching the intersection. Doesn't matter whose fault was, motorcyclist will always be the victim.

What you should be worried about is. How do i prevent this from happening.

Whoa... someone with intelligence around here? More people should read exactly what you said over and over. Sadly most don't ever think about that. It's just assumed "bad cager, they're all out to get us"

I agree with the car driver being charged but if David was going a touch slower maybe it may have been avoidable. :dontknow:

Back
Top Bottom