License suspended due to unpaid fines, does it affect the insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

License suspended due to unpaid fines, does it affect the insurance?

I work in commercial insurance as an underwriter. My first thought is that a claim would be denied due to the suspension. You might be able to contest that if it were to happen by suing your insurance company but the legal fees will cost you more than your unpaid fines I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of debating about this until the cow goes home, how about this "said person" pay the fines and move on.

Because that would be the right thing and logical...lol.

Like paying child support.

(I don't see how MTO gets money out of this situation. Unless it stands for "Mother Takes Over". Your cash, that is.
Look how motivated one becomes once a privilege is threatened.)

Hard to tell exactly seeing the OP hasn't answered what kind of "fines" these are then got off on an tangent of child support and court orders, (which he says they blindly accept, which they should as they ARE COURT ORDERS...lol).

But I think his reference to it being an MTO cash grab is the $150 licence reinstatement fee.

Which is again completely avoidable if only "his lady friend" had paid her fines or child support or whatever the court mandated a licence suspension for.

Calling it a cash grab is like saying the lottery is a cash grab. You don't want to pay then don't play or in this case pay up. If the licence was suspended for unpaid fines then it is in this case more equitable to a tax on the stupid...lol

Like paying child support.

(I don't see how MTO gets money out of this situation. Unless it stands for "Mother Takes Over". Your cash, that is.
Look how motivated one becomes once a privilege is threatened.)

I've had my licenses suspended for unpaid tickets. I was out of the country and it had been suspended for 6 months before I reinstated. From MY OWN PERSONAL experience, I was asked if my license had been suspended, upon answering yes, they asked why, then informed me that suspension because of unpAid tickets is an administrative suspension and has no bearing on your premium. Their concern is if it was suspended because of DUI, or some other serious conviction. Again, I say that was MY OWN PERSONAL experience, May or may not be the same with all insurance companies, but nobody has ever given me problems because of that suspension.

Yes administrative suspensions are not supposed to affect your premium. Did your insurer also not care about the unpaid fines, (Presuming they were for traffic offences)?

I've had my licenses suspended for unpaid tickets. I was out of the country and it had been suspended for 6 months before I reinstated. From MY OWN PERSONAL experience, I was asked if my license had been suspended, upon answering yes, they asked why, then informed me that suspension because of unpAid tickets is an administrative suspension and has no bearing on your premium. Their concern is if it was suspended because of DUI, or some other serious conviction. Again, I say that was MY OWN PERSONAL experience, May or may not be the same with all insurance companies, but nobody has ever given me problems because of that suspension.

Back
Top Bottom