Shopping in the USA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shopping in the USA

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Down there on a trip and stumble on a Harbor Freight (Princess Auto kind of place) and wander in. I'm not looking for anything special but pick up two bottles of powder coat paint to experiment with at $5.99 a bottle. I'm about to check out at the cash and the guy in front of me hands me a 25% off coupon. I say thank you and then he asks if I need a volt meter and hands me a coupon for a free volt meter. The meter is a cheapie but for free I'll take it. I cash out at less than the pretax cost of the paint.

Did I mention a really decent hot buffet for $9.99? Chicken, salad, pork, meatballs, veggies, fruit. Welcome to the south.

Only now you found out the mecca that is Harbor Freight?

Google their 20% off coupon, print a few out and their already low prices become "how can i NOT buy that...."

Mind you, a lot of is Cheap Chinese Junk and should be treated as such...

I travel to US a lot for work....you know how i know when i crossed the border? When my meals double in price. Yea, welcome back....

I now own a 3/4" and 1" drive torque wrench ( in case I get a bulldozer) , a set of 6"8"10" long handles floor scrapers that I will never use, and 3 spare tires for a wheelbarrow. I don't own a wheelbarrow. I hate harbor freight and the coupons.

I now own a 3/4" and 1" drive torque wrench ( in case I get a bulldozer) , a set of 6"8"10" long handles floor scrapers that I will never use, and 3 spare tires for a wheelbarrow. I don't own a wheelbarrow. I hate harbor freight and the coupons.

You should see the stuff I have in my shed that is still in the packaging unused! Lol.

One day! One day it will all come in handy.

And curse you Costco for the year supply of ketchup and other items that float around the house that I bought years ago.

My place is a warehouse for harbour freight and costco. Lol.

I almost bought a welding cart that I don't need because the wheels were worth more than what they were charging for the cart. :)

When my Lab was a pup I got the 60 roll case of toilet paper from Costco. Left it alone in the front hallway with the Labrador that proceeded to shred all 60 rolls. Told my then 16yr old daughter clean that up before mom sees it and we all get heck ( because everything was my fault). She pulls out the central vac and proceeds to vacuum up a 3ft high snowdrift of shredded pooper paper. Jams the central vacuum pipe full in the basement. She puts the vac away and says nothing. We had those clear tubes, in the basement the pipe looked like an elephant tampax. I hate Costco.

See my sig

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I dont get to the States very much but when I do I buy tons of ****, I just wish I could bring more alcohol back without getting taxed up the *** for it...

FYI there's a Harbor Freight just over the border now in Niagara Falls.

Awesome, thanks for pointing it out. I was not aware.

NIAGARA FALLS, NY #00487
8426 NIAGARA FALLS BLVD
NIAGARA FALLS,NY 14304

Adding insult to injury in Canada we pay more but get fewer choices whether it be bike models and colours or even the selections at Walmart. Shop for a new car in Canada and you get five colour choices and the interior is either grey or dark grey. In the USA they get light colours.

The hand-me-down attitude is really starting to PMO.

around the corner from the niagra one there's a buffet that's $8 all you can eat

bought a trailer and some wheel chocks and even after declaring duty I was still under 1/2 the cost if i had bought the stuff from canadian tire
If you bought the classic harbor freight folding trailer, beware of the fenders. The brackets that hold the fenders will break from the vibrations caused by regular towing. I was trying to figure out how to strengthen mine but one broke off and I lost the fender and bracket all together lol

If you bought the classic harbor freight folding trailer, beware of the fenders. The brackets that hold the fenders will break from the vibrations caused by regular towing. I was trying to figure out how to strengthen mine but one broke off and I lost the fender and bracket all together lol

+1

Both of mine snapped, one completely off. Just going to use them as a template to make new reinforced brackets.

Back
Top Bottom