How should Stainless Steel Braided Lines feel? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How should Stainless Steel Braided Lines feel?

No

and yes, your wrong.

The brakes should feel much more positive and need less effort at the lever during any type of braking. You don't need to ride hard to benefit from SS lines.

OP I would try bleeding the system again.

Maybe it's me, but through my time i've never felt the need for SS lines on any bike - maybe i just don't ride hard enough or have to push braking thresholds on the daily?

Reaping benefits means to me that it's worth the money.

in my time riding, i've never felt i needed more stopping power or sensitivity where it wouldrequire a difference in line materials.

(car) racing, yes. Street motorcycling, nope...

Maybe it's me, but through my time i've never felt the need for SS lines on any bike - maybe i just don't ride hard enough or have to push braking thresholds on the daily?

Reaping benefits means to me that it's worth the money.

in my time riding, i've never felt i needed more stopping power or sensitivity where it wouldrequire a difference in line materials.

(car) racing, yes. Street motorcycling, nope...

If you've never used them you don't know what your missing. It's not just power but feel.

If you've never used them you don't know what your missing. It's not just power but feel.

Quite possibly true... who knows. Right now bike is setup the way i like (no more mods to add) so perhaps some rotors and lines may be in the future (if i can set aside burnable money)...

Now rotors is a different story! I wouldn't replace them unless they were warped. Pads/lines/master is where you'll see the big benefits.

Yeah I guess so. Like many parts it's a compromise and they know that people who want the best will just change them anyways. Also parts such as shiny brembos are great for marketing, but pricey hydraulic lines really aren't lol
oem rubber is supposed to be changed every 4 years as per manual. ss lines last forever.

bleed the master, you might as well redo the fluid. seems like you have air in the system.
also when you get home get a rag put around your throttle then get a big zip tie or string...pull the lever in all the way and tie it back overnight.

undo the brake fluid cap and lift up a bit (put sticker to remind yourself to seal it back)

now your brakes will be solid

I have ss lines they are as soft as my rubber lines. It had a lot to do with where you set up up "engage" point on the lever

Adjust the screw and play with it

2 mechanics what worked
On my brakes always leave a little soft initial give. Incase you grab a fist full in panic. You have a split second to relax before you lock up

Its a preference thing. I cant do with brakes that bite hard right from the first engagement

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I have ss lines they are as soft as my rubber lines. It had a lot to do with where you set up up "engage" point on the lever

Adjust the screw and play with it

2 mechanics what worked
On my brakes always leave a little soft initial give. Incase you grab a fist full in panic. You have a split second to relax before you lock up

Its a preference thing. I cant do with brakes that bite hard right from the first engagement

You know the brake is on the right side, right?

Lol yeah. I am talking about the adjustable lever position...

Um yeah, adjusters change the distance of the lever from the bar...doesn't change engagement point or create "give"

You either have air in your lines or you're talking about your clutch lever dude

Um yeah, adjusters change the distance of the lever from the bar...doesn't change engagement point or create "give"

You either have air in your lines or you're talking about your clutch lever dude

I find that if my brake lever is adjust to the tightest position its easier for me to get a lot of brake (too much) real fast. So i thought if closer it would engage faster.

The outer position seems not like that.

But maybe u are right about the air in the lines.

I will bleed and flush

Back
Top Bottom