100,000km Recognition | GTAMotorcycle.com

100,000km Recognition

dirtbag

My Wing turned a 100,000kms coming back from Thompson in August. (I know that's only 60,0000 miles but it sounds like a neat milestone)

I heard that you can get a pin or something from Honda if you provide them with photos/proof. Anyone know if this is true? My google search was unsuccessful.

Thanks.

What year is the Wing? I think it's a cool marker - congrats- you have it from new?

I'm gonna hit 60,000 km perhaps this month on the Burgman - had 4k on it when I got it in June 2011, 40k or so on the one I flipped.

Cool milestone. Mine only have 67. Not a lot of riding this year

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Welcome to the club!

Welcome!

I have two bikes over 100,000 km. My 2006 DL650 V-Strom did it 3.5 years after I got it, I retired it 2.5 years ago with 202,000 km.. Still ran fine last I tried it.

The replacement bike, a 2012 V-Strom, should have 110,000 km by the weekend. I hit 100,000 km towards the end of July, about 26months after getting it.

..Tom

wow .....some motoring...I will pass those numbers on to someone who is considering a V-Strom. We all think it's a better bike for his use than the Burgman 650 - this might seal the deal.

And that 26 months include the worst winter in a while - did you have the bike elsewhere or is that 26 months including winter months here??

Last edited:
wow .....some motoring...I will pass those numbers on to someone who is considering a V-Strom. We all think it's a better bike for his use than the Burgman 650 - this might seal the deal.

And that 26 months include the worst winter in a while - did you have the bike elsewhere or is that 26 months including winter months here??

No, if anything my bike was stuck behind about 50 feet of deep snow and ice that needed to be shoveled before it could be ridden and once out I had to pay attention to snow streamers so many nice days were iffy otherwise. This was the latest start to a season I have had in years. Generally the bike becomes my default transportation from early to mid March, this year the conditions were such that I couldn't really count on riding until late March.

..Tom

Yeah - worst season for me for different reasons.
Was travelling in Nov last year for a month.
then away in Aus while you guys were freezing
The still winter when I got back....got one longish run of 1600 km in May in 36 hours which was fun ( chased home by rain ) - then very little riding after that - then Alaska by car for a month.
TRying to get some KM in this fall.....rain or shine. :D
That's an awesome amount of Ks for a shortened year.

The Wing is an 86. I got it with about 62 or 65 on it. Now it only has just over 5. This is the 4th summer.

I bought it to do long trips with the Squeeze and that's where most of the miles come from - Mission accomplished.

The Wing is an 86. I got it with about 62 or 65 on it. Now it only has just over 5. This is the 4th summer..

Sounds like you have gone backwards on it! :)

..Tom

So I was about to start my bike and I saw...
dd82c930645e532b0e00cb47a3c968de.jpg

Back
Top Bottom