Parking near York University? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking near York University?

eshum

Anyone know of cheap/safe motorcycle parking near the York U campus? I don't see any Green P or street parking on searches but I'm hoping someone knows of a spot within a 10m walk or so where it won't get towed or stolen. I may need to park there a couple of times this summer for a few hours at a time.

Thanks for the help.

You can park in Seneca Lane, Streetview: http://goo.gl/VlW2dr

Don't let Streetview fool you, it gets really packed here especially when the Fall semester begins. So you have to show up early... and don't block entrances.

You can park in Seneca Lane, Streetview: http://goo.gl/VlW2dr

Don't let Streetview fool you, it gets really packed here especially when the Fall semester begins. So you have to show up early... and don't block entrances.
+1 there are dozens of bikes there for the first couple months. You won't get ticketed.

Don't be fooled by even the motorcycle parking zone near founders. I almost got ticketed there by some parking dick who was asking me to pay full price on parking for a vehicle that takes up a quarter of the space in the designated motorcycle parking zone.

Edit: if you're parking there just for the summer and you don't go to the school, park wherever you want. As far as I know you can rack up as many tickets as you want, so long as you don't go to the school they won't pursue you.

Last edited:
Free motorcycle parking in Seneca Lane. Yorku can not ticket you at this spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free motorcycle parking in Seneca Lane. Yorku can not ticket you at this spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. They apparently used to be able to, but Seneca complained and put a stop to it. Just don't block the sidewalk with your bike

Yup. They apparently used to be able to, but Seneca complained and put a stop to it. Just don't block the sidewalk with your bike

Good thing I finished school there at the beginning of Summer then. There are always a couple of people that are willing to ruin it for the rest of us by parking in the middle of the walkway because they:

A: Couldn't find a spot
B: Too lazy to walk so they park as close as possible to the door

It really is a fire hazard to do that. Last October I remember people parking directly in front of the doors off to the side of the building...

Good thing I finished school there at the beginning of Summer then. There are always a couple of people that are willing to ruin it for the rest of us by parking in the middle of the walkway because they:

A: Couldn't find a spot
B: Too lazy to walk so they park as close as possible to the door

It really is a fire hazard to do that. Last October I remember people parking directly in front of the doors off to the side of the building...

On a side note, I talked to 2 different Seneca Security "officers" (during the Winter semester - Jan to June) and they were both cool with motorcyclists parking there so long as you don't block the walkway...

Awesome, thank you very much! I heard about the Seneca Lane thing but Googling didn't mention anything about street parking so I thought something might have changed.

I guess I'll just park wherever the other motos are on Seneca (in a non-dickish way) and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom