Repair and repaint of track bodywork | GTAMotorcycle.com

Repair and repaint of track bodywork

Benny!

Site Supporter
Who in the GTA can do this for a reasonable price? I used to get Carboncat to do it but he sold his shop :violent2:

Where are you located? I have a paint guy in Durham Region and just down the street is Mike at Clarington Cycle.

kneedrager88 (ken from SOAR)

I can do it

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice

I cant price online pm me if you want. To many variables ( was it rattle canned? repairs?if so how bad? what colour (some are tri colour and pearls etc)

He isn't cheap but he does excellent work

Yes he does. I dont believe Les paints in winter so if you want it done better move yer ***** .
People need to understand what materials cost.
Gallon of clear is $190 (ratio is 4:1)
Clear activator $95/qrt
Primer $120/gallon (ratio is 4:1)
Primer Activator $75/qrt
Straight base colours $75-95/qrt (solvent) (ratio 1:1 with thinners plus activator)
Straight base colours $150-300/qrt (water) (ratio 4:1 with activator)
Solvent Activator $95/qrt
Thinners $40/gallon
Gun Wash $120/5gallon
Sand discs $1 each
fibreglass matting 10x10 $40
Resin $50/gallon
Fill $80/gallon
grease and silicone remover $25/qrt
tack cloths $1.50
None of this includes the amount of time required to properly prep for paint . Just an example BRAND NEW track glass I will spend generally 2-3 hours prepping it, granted some better than others. Prepping street plastics even longer including decal removal. Then primer and after that sanding and spot puddy small imperfections and sand again if much prime again. If not then its base x 2-3 coats with 30 min between. Then clear x 2-3 coats with 30 min between. Depending on what we are doing sometimes wet sand next day and reclear. If you want multiple colours then full dry tape and repeat for each colour. In between guns completely disassembled cleaned for next application. After all done you can wet sand up to 2000 plus compound and glaze if desired.
TRUST ME nobody is making a killing painting motorcycles. I do it because I enjoy the finished products but to be honest some jobs are just a PIA.
The only reason I posted this was to give an idea of costs. Keeping in mind your painter also has to have a booth and equipment such as a decent compressor, air cleaners/dryers, and a decent gun or three, multiple sanders, buffing equiplent/pads.
Anyway next time you ask for a paint quote just remember what your actually receiving.

I've PMd a few of you that have asked, if you want paint contact let me know and I will send. Like the above post there are too many factors for a simple quote, he would have to see what he is up against.

Www.flashfirecoatings.com is who did my wheels.

I learned how to do my own paint with a single stage acrylic. It's not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he does. I dont believe Les paints in winter so if you want it done better move yer ***** .
People need to understand what materials cost.
Gallon of clear is $190 (ratio is 4:1)
Clear activator $95/qrt
Primer $120/gallon (ratio is 4:1)
Primer Activator $75/qrt
Straight base colours $75-95/qrt (solvent) (ratio 1:1 with thinners plus activator)
Straight base colours $150-300/qrt (water) (ratio 4:1 with activator)
Solvent Activator $95/qrt
Thinners $40/gallon
Gun Wash $120/5gallon
Sand discs $1 each
fibreglass matting 10x10 $40
Resin $50/gallon
Fill $80/gallon
grease and silicone remover $25/qrt
tack cloths $1.50
None of this includes the amount of time required to properly prep for paint . Just an example BRAND NEW track glass I will spend generally 2-3 hours prepping it, granted some better than others. Prepping street plastics even longer including decal removal. Then primer and after that sanding and spot puddy small imperfections and sand again if much prime again. If not then its base x 2-3 coats with 30 min between. Then clear x 2-3 coats with 30 min between. Depending on what we are doing sometimes wet sand next day and reclear. If you want multiple colours then full dry tape and repeat for each colour. In between guns completely disassembled cleaned for next application. After all done you can wet sand up to 2000 plus compound and glaze if desired.
TRUST ME nobody is making a killing painting motorcycles. I do it because I enjoy the finished products but to be honest some jobs are just a PIA.
The only reason I posted this was to give an idea of costs. Keeping in mind your painter also has to have a booth and equipment such as a decent compressor, air cleaners/dryers, and a decent gun or three, multiple sanders, buffing equiplent/pads.
Anyway next time you ask for a paint quote just remember what your actually receiving.

You just saved me 15 mins of typing on a smartphone Ken ! Thanks ! People have no idea about the true cost of doing a quality paint job , and how much time and materials are required to do the job right ..... excellent breakdown !

Wow, just to clarify as my post might have been miss interpreted. I never said it was unreasonable, I said "he wasn't cheap" and the reason I say that is because racers that took advantage of Carboncat's promotions the last few years might have a certain perception of what the prices to paint a track bike are.

Checkebandito is a great guy and I would not hesitate to bring any paint job to him (street or track) and I would be more than glad to pay his prices, my point was that if you are looking for a quick dirty job in the $350 he might not be your guy (from my experience).... but who is it?

Wow, just to clarify as my post might have been miss interpreted. I never said it was unreasonable, I said "he wasn't cheap" and the reason I say that is because racers that took advantage of Carboncat's promotions the last few years might have a certain perception of what the prices to paint a track bike are.

Checkebandito is a great guy and I would not hesitate to bring any paint job to him (street or track) and I would be more than glad to pay his prices, my point was that if you are looking for a quick dirty job in the $350 he might not be your guy (from my experience).... but who is it?

I wasnt speculating anything Paulo I just know where this thread goes. Tons of people see it and then want internet quotes. Its not that easy and the next thing is when you give them the figure it becomes HOLY CRAP so rather than just send 50 of the same emails I figured I would post it here is all.

Back
Top Bottom