Anyone going September 13th? TMP | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone going September 13th? TMP

If you haven't noticed all you have told me is what not to do but not what I should be doing which is what I'm interested in.

Nick suggested you watch Twist of the Wrist on YouTube, that's great advice and the video contains a lot of info on what you should be doing.

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I am in fact asking for the advice and I am also conveying my thoughts as to why I'm doing what it is I'm doing. If you haven't noticed all you have told me is what not to do but not what I should be doing which is what I'm interested in.

When I said I wasn't worried I meant about my skills improving, hell, I'm not even scared of crashing. **** happens. I feel like I'm talking to my ex.

Regardless, I'm still interested in what I actually should be doing. 2nd gear around a corner? Sounds good to me. Then explain to me professionally why can't I ever pass people on the straights in second gear other than I'm a ****** rider.

Lets stay professional people.

What you should be doing is going to FAST or Racer5 and not relying on the internet for your answer. There are many reasons why you're not passing people. Let a qualified instructor teach you. Let them show you. Let them let you practice. And then you'll know.

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I am in fact asking for the advice and I am also conveying my thoughts as to why I'm doing what it is I'm doing. If you haven't noticed all you have told me is what not to do but not what I should be doing which is what I'm interested in.

When I said I wasn't worried I meant about my skills improving, hell, I'm not even scared of crashing. **** happens. I feel like I'm talking to my ex.

Regardless, I'm still interested in what I actually should be doing. 2nd gear around a corner? Sounds good to me. Then explain to me professionally why can't I ever pass people on the straights in second gear other than I'm a ****** rider.

Lets stay professional people.
In the vid you posted it shows you passing everyone on the straights and then u brake too early and you let them back in. :confused:

In the vid you posted it shows you passing everyone on the straights and then u brake too early and you let them back in. :confused:

Lol, I've noticed this sometimes. Sometimes it's because I'm passing on the inside and I'm scared I won't be able to make the turn at my regular speed when I'm not on my usual line. Just practice here I guess

Learning how to carry more speed through a corner will fix your current problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you should be doing is going to FAST or Racer5 and not relying on the internet for your answer. There are many reasons why you're not passing people. Let a qualified instructor teach you. Let them show you. Let them let you practice. And then you'll know.

Thats all dandy and it's good advice although I got the impression I was making a relativey simple mistake to which I assumed there was a simple correction.

I'll look into the course. Won't be til next season though

Learning how to carry more speed through a corner will fix your current problems.

truck-nuts-3.jpg

Thats all dandy and it's good advice although I got the impression I was making a relativey simple mistake to which I assumed there was a simple correction.

I'll look into the course. Won't be til next season though

Hmmm maybe that's my flaw..... I should be feathering my clutch on myliter bike on the turns like I used to do racing MOTOCROSS. Asphalt and clutch feathering = big mess and prob oil spill on track from the crash.

Sent from my imaginary friend

im sure that's a part of it but it doesn't explain why the guy that's way slower than me around the corner can beat me on the straight. Anyway, I'll just stick to riding it out. I appreciate the legitimate responses I've gotten so far. Have a good one guys

im sure that's a part of it but it doesn't explain why the guy that's way slower than me around the corner can beat me on the straight. Anyway, I'll just stick to riding it out. I appreciate the legitimate responses I've gotten so far. Have a good one guys

It does, actually. On my old SV I would pass faster bikes on the straights because I had a better line and higher corner speed heading onto the straight. That gained me enough speed by the middle of the straight to make the pass and pull ahead through the next corner with my higher corner speed. If you're stuck behind someone slower in the corners, you need to plan your move and keep your distance until you're ready to go for it and time it just right. This is not a green level rider technique. You're better to pit-in, wait 30 seconds for clear track, go back out and work on your own riding.

im sure that's a part of it but it doesn't explain why the guy that's way slower than me around the corner can beat me on the straight.
Slow in, Fast out.. that's why

You are messing your exit speed with all the clutch pulling and the turning in 1st, not to mention upsetting your suspension.

This guy breaks down body position through the entire corner (entry to exit) I think therein lies the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL54cMxILRU

Last edited:
It does, actually. On my old SV I would pass faster bikes on the straights because I had a better line and higher corner speed heading onto the straight. That gained me enough speed by the middle of the straight to make the pass and pull ahead through the next corner with my higher corner speed. If you're stuck behind someone slower in the corners, you need to plan your move and keep your distance until you're ready to go for it and time it just right. This is not a green level rider technique. You're better to pit-in, wait 30 seconds for clear track, go back out and work on your own riding.

Great response!

Most likely because they are getting on the gas sooner. If you're not slowing, then you should be going. No coasting. If someone is way slower in a corner, than adjust your line to get a better drive out. Usually up the inside so as to not get in the way on exit. Even on a stock geared 6. 2nd gear is the lowest you should use. Example turn 1 at tmp I can go through it in 2nd at 12000 rpm,but it is quicker to use 3rd at 8000rpm at the apex.

Yes, or even watch the vid and critique it constructively. I don't mind. Give all my other videos views while you're at it ;)

At beginning of your video - you're off the gas before the end of the wall. Try counting "One and Two" at end of the wall then roll off gas before braking. This will help you brake later. As you get more comfortable with it, extend the count. Turn 1 is surprisingly fast.

At 2:12, looks like turn 1 again. Can't tell, but it doesn't look like you've shifted your body over. The camera angle makes it difficult to tell.

2:40, too slow. You're really standing the bike up between 2-3. Try to make them more flowing and tied together.

2:55, you're crossed up. @ss is over much farther than shoulders. Been working on the same issue - very common problem.

Take my comments with a huge grain of salt. I'm not anyone special nor am I particularly quick.

At beginning of your video - you're off the gas before the end of the wall. Try counting "One and Two" at end of the wall then roll off gas before braking. This will help you brake later. As you get more comfortable with it, extend the count. Turn 1 is surprisingly fast.
Or he can use the brake Markers (Lines on the side of the track)

Off topic, but on topic. TMP noise level. Never been there planning on going September 13th. Read the rule on 103db at 5 meter, but at what rpm? How can I tell if I'll pass? ZX7R Muzzy pipe.

Will do my best to attend this day. Need to find some ramps to see if my bike will fit into the back of my mini van. The measurements say i have enough room, but loading it and unloading it by myself is a whole other story.

Off topic, but on topic. TMP noise level. Never been there planning on going September 13th. Read the rule on 103db at 5 meter, but at what rpm? How can I tell if I'll pass? ZX7R Muzzy pipe.

I haven't seen them do noise testing since 2003.

Back
Top Bottom