Anyone going September 13th? TMP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone going September 13th? TMP

Also, since I'm always interested in learning. What am I doing wrong?

going around a corner feathering your clutch in first.

sign up for a racer5 program, and learn track riding on a cbr125. Biggest investment i have done into this hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWLIfChUwg

^^ watch that, and understand it

slow is smooth, smooth is fast :)

I don't know of any corners in TMP that should be taken at 1st gear while maintaining a respectable time... or am I wrong?

first gear is just to get you out of the pits :D

Wow. Definitely look into some instruction. You don't need to be in 1st gear anywhere at TMP, nor should you be feathering the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know of any corners in TMP that should be taken at 1st gear while maintaining a respectable time... or am I wrong?

Now I'm not an expert or anything but I can get up to 110-120 km/h in first gear on my bike and I definitely don't do that speed around the corners being a new rider. I stay in first around the corner and it gives me more acceleration out of the corner because I'm within the high power band RPM. R6 has is pretty weak in the lower RPMs. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Wow. Definitely look into some instruction. You don't need to be in 1st gear anywhere at TMP, nor should you be feathering the clutch.

I never did until I realized that I was trailgating people around corners but never being able to pass them when the straight came because I was in too high of a gear. It actually helped me pass people. So I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong

Now I'm not an expert or anything but I can get up to 110-120 km/h in first gear on my bike and I definitely don't do that speed around the corners being a new rider. I stay in first around the corner and it gives me more acceleration out of the corner because I'm within the high power band RPM. R6 has is pretty weak in the lower RPMs. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Your focus is in the wrong spot.

A new track rider needs to focus more on going through the corner faster, not accelerating out of it faster.

Your R6 is anything but weak.

Your bike will be to unstable in the corners in first gear, and a VERY high risk of a high side.

Your focus is in the wrong spot.

A new track rider needs to focus more on going through the corner faster, not accelerating out of it faster.

That was my original focus and then I ended up being stuck being painfully slow people around corners who would stay in front of me because I couldn't pass them on the straights. Consequently I changed my focus haha

Your R6 is anything but weak.

Your bike will be to unstable in the corners in first gear, and a VERY high risk of a high side.

Yeah I can feel it, which is why I used the clutch to stabilize. It'll come with more seat time. I've only done 2 track days thus far so I'm not worried

That was my original focus and then I ended up being stuck being painfully slow people around corners who would stay in front of me because I couldn't pass them on the straights. Consequently I changed my focus haha
Change your gearing.

Lol. I think this is the most hostile forum I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of by far

People who are more qualified than you are telling you that what you're doing is wrong. It's a bad habit that you need to stop. There's potential to hurt yourself as well as damaging the clutch on your R6.

But you're not worried.

If you want to learn stop acting foolishly.

Replacing a clutch in an r6 is a pain too. ask me how I know.

Lol. I think this is the most hostile forum I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of by far

It's not that we are hostile, but it appears you're not using proper technique and if you're not, we know that eventually, ***** will happen.
And considering how much we value our bodies and our machines, we want to keep the "***** happens" to a minimum when we are riding at the same time as you.
And from how you're describing your track experience, that clearly looks like a "***** happens" waiting to happen.

People who are more qualified than you are telling you that what you're doing is wrong. It's a bad habit that you need to stop. There's potential to hurt yourself as well as damaging the clutch on your R6.

But you're not worried.

If you want to learn stop acting foolishly.

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I am in fact asking for the advice and I am also conveying my thoughts as to why I'm doing what it is I'm doing. If you haven't noticed all you have told me is what not to do but not what I should be doing which is what I'm interested in.

When I said I wasn't worried I meant about my skills improving, hell, I'm not even scared of crashing. **** happens. I feel like I'm talking to my ex.

Regardless, I'm still interested in what I actually should be doing. 2nd gear around a corner? Sounds good to me. Then explain to me professionally why can't I ever pass people on the straights in second gear other than I'm a ****** rider.

Lets stay professional people.

Change your gearing.
OOOORRRRRRR learn how to ride first ... just saying.

From this thread it seems there are plenty of other things to learn before worrying about changing the bike.

If you're getting stuck behind 1000's that you can't pass then pit-in, wait 30 seconds and go back out. Stop riding it like a 2 stroke dirt bike :p

I'm started to think we are being trolled

Back
Top Bottom