Anyone going September 13th? TMP | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone going September 13th? TMP

MyronGanes

I'm 26 and looking for some people to ride with around beginner/intermediate level. I have two Gopros so we can take some nice shots of eachother as well. The more Gopros the better!

Paging Jamie
mash_gif_popcorn.jpg.png

Last edited:
I'm 26 and looking for some people to ride with around beginner/intermediate level. I have two Gopros so we can take some nice shots of eachother as well. The more Gopros the better!
Got your R6 ecu flashed? Then you can wire right in a sweet quick shifter, tons of fun on the track :)

Depending on how recovered my knee is by then I might be there. A bunch of my cameras were damaged but I'm back to having four again so we can do some filming together, never get any of my wheelies on video from peoples chase cams ;)

Its highly likely I'll be going. Will know for certain by Saturday. I'll be in the beginner group don't have the tight corner speeds high enough for intermediate.
I'll also be taking a 10x28 canopy if anyone needs shade.

Got your R6 ecu flashed? Then you can wire right in a sweet quick shifter, tons of fun on the track :)

Depending on how recovered my knee is by then I might be there. A bunch of my cameras were damaged but I'm back to having four again so we can do some filming together, never get any of my wheelies on video from peoples chase cams ;)

The film will be even more dramatic when you get black flagged :p Haven't added any performance mods to my bike. She's stock pretty much except for a few minor things.

Its highly likely I'll be going. Will know for certain by Saturday. I'll be in the beginner group don't have the tight corner speeds high enough for intermediate.
I'll also be taking a 10x28 canopy if anyone needs shade.

I'll probably start off riding in the beginner group but if there are a few very slow riders I'll switch to intermediate so I'm not in a traffic jam. I can pass in the corners better than I can on the straights. I'm just too lazy to keep the clutch on in first gear around every corner so I don't usually gun it at the straight.

A canopy would definitely be great.

I'll probably start off riding in the beginner group but if there are a few very slow riders I'll switch to intermediate so I'm not in a traffic jam. I can pass in the corners better than I can on the straights. I'm just too lazy to keep the clutch on in first gear around every corner so I don't usually gun it at the straight.

I'll be there, likely in the n00b group. If you're running in beginner, you shouldn't be passing in the corners................................. I think you should jump into red right away.

I'm just too lazy to keep the clutch on in first gear around every corner so I don't usually gun it at the straight.

I usually would recommend racer5 school, but in your case, i would recommend a basic motorcycle course

I think i'm going the 14th now to avoid down time from crashes in green.

So you're saying, you coast down the straight. Then grab the clutch and coast around the corners?

Nope. To clarify... My common sense tells me that the general principle to maintaining access to acceleration at all times is maintaining a high RPM especially on an R6. On a slow track like TMP to do this I have to go around corners in first gear and it gets choppy sometimes for me so I use the clutch to make things smoother and keep the bike stable. Sometimes I just don't care and I go around corners in 2nd or 3rd gear to avoid using the clutch but at the cost of losing acceleration down the straights because I come out of turns with a low RPM.

Last edited:
I usually would recommend racer5 school, but in your case, i would recommend a basic motorcycle course

I think i'm going the 14th now to avoid down time from crashes in green.

Not sure what you're getting at. Regardless. Have fun on the Sunday

Nope. My common sense tells me that the general principle to maintaining access to acceleration at all times is maintaining a high RPM especially on an R6. On a slow track like TMP to do this I have to go around corners in first gear and it gets choppy sometimes for me so I use the clutch to make things smoother and keep the bike stable. Sometimes I just don't care and I go around corners in 2nd or 3rd gear to avoid using the clutch but at the cost of losing acceleration down the straights because I come out of turns with a low RPM.
That's right, We all know that corner speed is damaging to overall lap times.... and I will be taking your advice and pull my clutch in while leaning in corners, thanks dude

I thought I had everyone fooled with my fully self-driven motorcycle. Damn it

Also, since I'm always interested in learning. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know of any corners in TMP that should be taken at 1st gear while maintaining a respectable time... or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom