Where to buy throttle lock locally? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy throttle lock locally?

OP, if you are heading to Ottawa why not stop by GP Bikes while en route?

OP, if you are heading to Ottawa why not stop by GP Bikes while en route?

It's an option. I'm a bit pressed for time so stopping and fiddling with it might use up some of the time I need. Also, they probably wouldn't be open when I'd be coming by since I'm leaving at 7am. Would like to be able to try it out first.

Whatever stock on most sport bikes is... Don't know exactly to be honest.

Buy this type, or something similar. It's quick and easy to engage and release. I used to have one. I would phone a few shops to find one. They used to be everywhere.
sou_08_nep_cru_con.jpg

Buy this type, or something similar. It's quick and easy to engage and release. I used to have one. I would phone a few shops to find one. They used to be everywhere.
sou_08_nep_cru_con.jpg
Which model is that? I can't even find it on the site the image is hosted on.

You can make one out of a coat hanger and some heat shrink tubing. Twist the coat hanger with the pliers until it is just right, cut it to length, then cover in heat shrink.
This will work just like the go cruise, and in Ontario you will find a go cruise for about $20.

The throttle rocker is the best piece of kit I've ever put on a touring bike, and mine stays on all the time, even in the twisties.

Whatever stock on most sport bikes is... Don't know exactly to be honest.​

ya gotta know it to get the VIsta Cruise....could be 7/8" could be 1".
Don't know if there is any standard for SS...what bike?

The throttle rocker is the best piece of kit I've ever put on a touring bike, and mine stays on all the time, even in the twisties.

Yup I have two types....one is a single piece that holds by tension...if if slips just put a bit of bicycle inner tube to improve the grip.
All these might be a bit squirrely on bikes with short throttle excursions.
2199QbNzCkL.jpg

My other one has velcro that tightens on like a belt...so if it starts to get loose you can adjust it....no idea where it came from ...Aus I think. Throttle Rocker II

montageTR2_en.jpg

Nice looking kit this
images

I got the 7/8" and it seemed to work fine. 1" probably would've been fine, too, though, as the 7/8 is pretty tight. Kind of hard to get on and off the grip.

I got it at Corsa Meccanica since I was in there for something else and noticed they had one. I believe it was under $20.

It worked pretty well. My tiny bike doesn't like wind and hills, though, so it was more for temporary relief because if I just left it on the bike would slow from say 130 on a flat surface, to 110 (or possibly even lower) if I get some really bad wind or hill, up to 150 down the other side.

Good investment for the price. A proper cruise control would be better for bikes that don't need a downshift if you hit a steep hill. I was considering trying to sort one out but since I need to downshift sometimes, anyway, it probably wouldn't work very well even if I got one installed.

I got the 7/8" and it seemed to work fine. 1" probably would've been fine, too, though, as the 7/8 is pretty tight. Kind of hard to get on and off the grip.

I got it at Corsa Meccanica since I was in there for something else and noticed they had one. I believe it was under $20.

It worked pretty well. My tiny bike doesn't like wind and hills, though, so it was more for temporary relief because if I just left it on the bike would slow from say 130 on a flat surface, to 110 (or possibly even lower) if I get some really bad wind or hill, up to 150 down the other side.

Good investment for the price. A proper cruise control would be better for bikes that don't need a downshift if you hit a steep hill. I was considering trying to sort one out but since I need to downshift sometimes, anyway, it probably wouldn't work very well even if I got one installed.
It's supposed to work by friction, so a tight hold on the grip is essential for proper operation. I had one on well worn grips that slipped, and I was constantly adjusting it while riding.

Stick with 7/8 for 7/8 bars.

sou_08_nep_cru_con.jpg

This is the NEP cruise control. I used to have one on my bandit 1200 and used it for a 14000km trip. Very reliable and easy to use. I'd def. recommend it as its better than the vista (i've used that too) as it takes less "bar space".

Back
Top Bottom