Cycle World or Snow City for service? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle World or Snow City for service?

TOYJ

I usually take my bike into 109 Cycle for service but I recently moved north to the Warden/401 area so Cycle World and Snow City would be more convenient and a cheaper cab ride if I need to leave my bike. I've seen some negative threads about the customer service at Cycle World but I'm wondering if it's improved at all? Most threads were about sales and not service.

I have an integrated rear tail light on my Ninja 250 and the running light doesn't light up but the brake light and turn signals work. I've given it a smack and it goes on some times but this morning it didn't go on so I want to get it looked at.

Can I get a ticket for not having a functioning running light?

I usually take my bike into 109 Cycle for service but I recently moved north to the Warden/401 area so Cycle World and Snow City would be more convenient and a cheaper cab ride if I need to leave my bike. I've seen some negative threads about the customer service at Cycle World but I'm wondering if it's improved at all? Most threads were about sales and not service.

I have an integrated rear tail light on my Ninja 250 and the running light doesn't light up but the brake light and turn signals work. I've given it a smack and it goes on some times but this morning it didn't go on so I want to get it looked at.

Can I get a ticket for not having a functioning running light?
Snow city hands down. Stay away from Cycle world. Just do a quick search around here to see why.

Snow city hands down. Stay away from Cycle world. Just do a quick search around here to see why.

yep Snow city.. If you have to.

You should be able to work this out yourself. Get a wiring diagram etc

Last edited:
SnowCity.
There is a reason they are one of the only ones left.

Top Notch!

How hard is it to remove the light and check the connection?

He probably just needs a new bulb, or to reset it in the socket. But this is GTA, so rather than do this trivial fix and learn, pay someone $100/hr on a credit card.

dude, pull your lightbulb out and inspect it. Bet you the filament is out (hitting it shakes it into contact).

I could say the same for Snow City. I personally wouldn't take it to neither but snow city in my experience is wayyyyy worse

I have never dealt with Cycle World but have had considerable dealings with Snow City and have nothing but positive experiences. I've bought and serviced two bikes (over 100,000 kms) with them and have always been pleased with the work. Their lead mechanic, Scott, is one of Yamaha's top techs.

Change the bulb, bad filament or poor contact. All Chinese bulbs we get now are a slightly smaller diameter base and don,t fit the sockets well. Global crap that is available to us now.

I installed the light myself about two seasons ago when I bought the bike and I checked all the connections, jiggled the wires to see if I could identify the loose connection but no luck. I know enough about electrical to know that I should probably have someone more experienced or a professional take a look at it.

Well if its just the tail light then u clearly have not enough knowledge about electrical to do it yourself to begin with.

Dont confuse the ability to change bulbs as knowledge about electrical.

Edit: if you cant utilize a dmm, crimper, stripper, soldering machine then u dont the enough knowledge as these are basic tools and can go a very long way when diagnosing and repairing electrical components. /rant

Last edited:
Snow City has been good for me in the past but I tried to schedule an appointment last month and they told me the next opening was 30 days later... So call them for availability first. Unless you're cool with leaving you bike for them to get to it when they get to it... (I'm guessing Kahuna closing has sent a lot of business their way)

Haven't tried Cycle World.

It really sounds like something you don't need a dealer service dept. to look at though. Just guessing.

Father in-law got highway pegs put on his bike at CW, they were installed upside down so they folded when you put your foot on them and one fell off when he pulled out. So, Snow City.

Never had an issue with snowcity. Then again I've only had warranty work done. They were quick and removed some stripped threaded bolts for free.

Back
Top Bottom