Track Day Photos - August 31 2014 - Cayuga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Day Photos - August 31 2014 - Cayuga

Thanks for sharing. :)

I see a bunch of you untaped your speedos after tech..

I see a bunch of you untaped your speedos after tech..
Didn't have mine taped for tech. No one said anything. It was mentioned at the riders meeting. But I watch my speedo sit at 299 at CTMP
And I haven't crashed since 1992. :)

I don't have time to look at the speedo on the track, but the speedo is a useful tool when watching the video afterwards if you want to improve.

Exactly! and my GoPro covers it anyways as it's in front of the speedo with the suction cup

Johnscruiser, Because you don't go to GWB days.

Last edited:
I don't have time to look at the speedo on the track, but the speedo is a useful tool when watching the video afterwards if you want to improve.
If you don't have time to look at it on track how will you know you got faster? Anyways I'm not your parents. Just follow the track org rules. They're there for a reason.

If you don't have time to look at it on track how will you know you got faster?

Isn't the point of recording video in any sport so you can have unbiased visual proof of what you are doing at a certain place at a certain time, ***** the moment, search for improvement, than attempt to put the improvement into effect? Does the improvement have to be done that same day, can't it be done at a future track day?

Or is your opinion that the only way to learn how to become a better track rider is only through live instruction and that video for the purpose of improvement is a waste of time and effort? Would the same be said of photos of people's body position when leaning in corners, are those a waste of time compared to live instructors and shouldn't be bothered with?

If you don't have time to look at it on track how will you know you got faster? Anyways I'm not your parents. Just follow the track org rules. They're there for a reason.

You gonna write us a ticket next time ossifer?

With most bikes gearing being altered, speedo is useless. Best investment is a starlane lap timer(GPS). It shows corner speed, top speed accel& braking points all from the comfort of your chair at home. You can also overlay different laps to compare consistency. My fastest lap at TMP had the slowest straight speed by 5km/hr. But my corner speed was higher.

Sent from my imaginary friend

Back
Top Bottom