2014 honda cbr125 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 honda cbr125

I'm kind of surprised the Grom gets USD forks but the CBR125 does not.

How do the 2 models compare? Price, performance, etc? I think the Grom is physically smaller?

The Grom is a pocket/mini bike on steroids.

2014-Honda-Grom-WING4796.jpg

images

The Grom is a pocket/mini bike on steroids.

2014-Honda-Grom-WING4796.jpg

images
I am aware of that. What I'm not familiar with is the differences in price and performance.

that was my first bike in 2011...it was a great bike to learn on...I paid $2300 OTD and sold it 3 months later for $2100...great deal and good luck to your daughter!

I'm still driving it. It has 31,000km on it now. What was the OTD for you FZ6R, I always fancied that bike but the insurance is still nuts for me.

I am aware of that. What I'm not familiar with is the differences in price and performance.

I'm aware of you being aware. I'm making you aware that I'm aware of your being aware. :confused:
Actually, I was adding to the last part of your previous post regarding the size.

Anyhow, I have no seat time on the Grom, so I can't say about the performance.
From what I gather, the Grom takes on more of a "toy" approach than the CBR125.

I called around, good luck finding one. Markham apparently had like 30 of them on Tuesday and had at OTD close to 3100 which I find ridiculous. Stratfords was better at 2700 and I am still waiting on closer dealerships to call me back about finding one for me.

I also looked at the CBR300 and they look nice but high priced.

So supply is now low as a result of the price drop, and Markham sold 30 of them in the past couple of days?!? :confused2:

I'm aware of you being aware. I'm making you aware that I'm aware of your being aware. :confused:
Actually, I was adding to the last part of your previous post regarding the size.

Anyhow, I have no seat time on the Grom, so I can't say about the performance.
From what I gather, the Grom takes on more of a "toy" approach than the CBR125.

It's probably less of a toy in a downtown area. I would much rather the grom then a vespa type scooter unless a 125 vespa thing is cheaper cause the grom is like 4K OTD

I'm kind of surprised the Grom gets USD forks but the CBR125 does not.

It does seem surprising but I have been assured by a well respected CBR125 guru that it's little weeny noodle fork is up to the job. That's good enough for me. Speaking of Grom, at 200cc and 6 speeds it would be a serious contender as my next trans continental touring mount. Your move Honda.

The CBR125 is now less than a 50cc Ruckus, which is basically a chainsaw motor on a frame with wheelbarrow wheels.

I still love those Rucki' tho!

At the moment, the Grom is more expensive thanks to Honda's price drop on the cbr. Normally they're about the same.

cbr125: 12 hp, grom: 9 hp. Aerodynamic advantage: cbr125. Weight advantage: grom.

The cbr125 has juuuust enough power to be able to go on the highways. Flat out wide open but it will do it without holding up traffic (most of the time). Sometimes right lane, sometimes left lane, depending which way the wind is blowing.

The grom comes up juuuust short ... and the 4 speed tranny means you are pretty much stuck with whatever top gear will give you. At (indicated) 100 km/h, the cbr125 can be comfortably in 5th or 6th, or even right at the top of 4th if you have to.

The 2011-on cbr125 has wheel and tire sizes that lead to it feeling like a normal motorcycle in terms of handling and stability. The grom is gonna be a bit sketchy in those conditions ...

On the other hand ... the grom is set up for nutcases to do wheelies in parking lots. Crash it, and pretty much nothing happens. Maybe you'll break a clutch lever or mirror, or scrape the footpeg. The new cbr125 is just like any other sport bike when it comes to crashing it ... DON'T.

So it depends what you want to do with the bike.

The 2011-on cbr125 has wheel and tire sizes that lead to it feeling like a normal motorcycle in terms of handling and stability. The grom is gonna be a bit sketchy in those conditions ...

No more than a scooter? The Grom might need sprocket changes to go on a highway, but I would avoid highways with either bike.

I goofed around with a Grom at Mosport, it's addictively fun and makes me want to get one just for gymkhana.

Look what else Europe gets...

[video=youtube_share;dP6SFBdyCpc]http://youtu.be/dP6SFBdyCpc[/video]

The grom is insanely easy to throw around especially in gymkhana. Loved it @ rock the red.

CBR 125 is back to $1,999
So cheap. I don't even see how a used one can list for $1000.

I was mildly interested in a MadAss125 but with the CBR being so cheap I don't see why anyone would buy one.

Back
Top Bottom