Quebec elementary school bans homework for a year | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quebec elementary school bans homework for a year

Brilliant.... less time spent looking at school books, and more time spent on the computer. :rolleyes:

Under the new economy, lots of homework will help kids adjust to the reality of the 80 hour work week needed to survive free trade and deregulation.

And tests used to evaluate the lack of homework showed improved scores.

Homework for K-6 grades has questionable value, IMO. Students not doing well at school are additionally stressed by homework, and the home environment is highly variable in its ability to support children doing homework.

When I was going to school in North York, in the late '60s, no homework was permitted to be given until Grade 4.

Some things are required to be learned by rote. Making up your own math system doesn't cut it. However there is little progress if creativity doesn't enter the picture. However even art can be done by rote. There was a creepy video of a bunch of Chinese children playing guitars like little zombies.

When does too much brain stuffing interfere with the creative part?

I was playing tennis one day & I see this dad grilling his daughter. She was around 7yrs old max. It was hard to watch, but thinking about most professional athletes & what they did when they were young, it's semi-understandable. Like Casey Stoner who started just after he was able to walk.

My point is, if you really want to get good at something you gotta start young.

I was playing tennis one day & I see this dad grilling his daughter. She was around 7yrs old max. It was hard to watch, but thinking about most professional athletes & what they did when they were young, it's semi-understandable. Like Casey Stoner who started just after he was able to walk.

My point is, if you really want to get good at something you gotta start young.

Do you think she said "Daddy i want to get realy good at tennis so take me to the court and make me cry until i'm good" or was the dad projecting what he wants from his child.

I want my kids to be published scientists i'm not going to drill the periodic table of elements into them.

Do you think she said "Daddy i want to get realy good at tennis so take me to the court and make me cry until i'm good" or was the dad projecting what he wants from his child.

I want my kids to be published scientists i'm not going to drill the periodic table of elements into them.
Ask the professional athletes, who're making millions

Ask the professional athletes, who're making millions

Its fine if you kid enjoys it and its a talent that you are helping them achieve at but there is also that boundary were you are pushing kids into a space they don't enjoy for your sakes instead of theirs.

The chances of becoming a professional Athlete are so slim that if you drilling your kids beyond their enjoyment of a sport its not good for the kids short term or long term telling them they have to get into the NFL or what ever you are setting them up for some serious disappointment in most cases.

Of course thats not limited just to sports some parents are that way with academics as well!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom