The KTM RC390 thread | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The KTM RC390 thread

Pretty vague about the issues, it could be about the availability of the race kit, or the price. $1400 is a big gap. My guess is one issue will be how many $$ KTM is willing to put towards a cup.

Very true. $1400 is a big gap. And it could get larger if the KTM racing kit is $.

Loves It Naked Sibling ThoughView attachment 36015

two more versions, badged as Husqvarna:

Husqvarna-401-Vitpilen-Concept-04.jpg
Husqvarna-401-Svartpilen-Concept-03.jpg

Cafe racer with clip ons above top clamp would be my choice over RC390 any day and Scrambler only needs Shinko 705 tires and a proper front mudguard. Stoked.

Add fenders and signals and mirrors, catalytic box, and this will be the production version. Those "concepts" are pretty close to production.
They just have to change the name from "401" to sell in Ontario (407ETR?).

I'm loving those LED headlights and the simple tank/tail lines.

Add fenders and signals and mirrors, catalytic box, and this will be the production version. Those "concepts" are pretty close to production.

Funny thing is I have a DR650 set up pretty close that scrambler (KC Slimlite, 18" front wheel, chunky tires, lowered etc.) would be easy to go all the way. Love this simplicity.

Lots of bike builders have been heading towards that look for scramblers, but this company's concepts are really the only ones I like. Only thing I would change about the cafe is to put in the Duke 690 engine.

the rc390 and the 390 duke both look like fun little crotch rockets. strong engine in a 300-lb frame. a lot of fun to scoot around town on. if i could afford to keep a variety of bikes, i'd love to have one of these. those huskies look pretty hot, too.
on utube, i watched a 390 drag race against a ninja300. the ktm had it beat from the light to the end of the strip, but the ninja was starting to gain on it at the end. comparisons say that the ninja is stronger at highway speeds, while the ktm is stronger down low.

But an RC690 with a single in it would be yuck! I tolerate the vibrations in my 690 Duke because its a Duke. Put that engine in a full size sportbike and Im selling that bike. Its smooth like both your wheels are out of balance.

We're talking about 690 engine in cafe racer concept as shown above, not full size sportbike. Ya, could do without the vibes. That can be done judging from other big singles.

But an RC690 with a single in it would be yuck! I tolerate the vibrations in my 690 Duke because its a Duke. Put that engine in a full size sportbike and Im selling that bike. Its smooth like both your wheels are out of balance.

Why do you hate Harleys?

Your logic doesn't make any sense to me. So vibrating single is ok in Duke but not in sportbikes?

Back
Top Bottom