3 bikes hit on 401, one may be fatal. Scarborough. | GTAMotorcycle.com

3 bikes hit on 401, one may be fatal. Scarborough.

Matthew.Tremayne

Just heard this from my buddy who is driving his cage on the 401 near Kennedy Rd. He said there was a car and 3 bikes on the highway crashed. Called me to see if I was at home and okay. Someone post more info if they find out please and thank you.

GWS Riders.

from citynews.ca
Two people have been taken to hospital after a collision involving at least two motorcycles in the eastbound express lanes of Highway 401 near McCowan Road, OPP confirm.

Emergency crews were called to the scene just after 8 p.m. Monday.

Paramedics say a man in his mid 20s is in serious condition. A second person taken to hospital with a spinal injury.

All eastbound express lanes of the 401 have been closed at Warden Avenue for the investigation.

GWS.

Hopefully it wasn't the bikes that blew by on the 401 near my house earlier. I was out in the backyard and heard a few bikes blew by at what sounds like pretty high speed, and 5m later heard the firetrucks racing down the 401 laying down the horn.

I saw the accident as i drive past by the mccowan bridge about 8ish. I
Drove past by around 5 mins later and its filled with cops and 3 or all lanes blocked. Drive past by an hr later and citynews and global is by the bridge. Hope all is well gws riders

Update with more info from cp24.com
Police said that a 28-year-old man driving a black Kawasaki sustained life-threatening injuries, and a 45-year-old man on a red Kawasaki suffered minor injuries. Both men were transported to hospital.
Another 45-year-old motorcyclist driving a white Honda Sport bike went to hospital on his own with minor injuries, the OPP said

GWS riders

Gws riders
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

GWS riders, take care

The outcome (posted just 3 days ago):
Today... I experienced something this was just unreal. (Some Info)

The biker shown in this video at the end laying down was the biker doing the wheelie beside the school bus. What really happened was these bikers were all driving very fast and lane splitting in traffic and one of them ended up hitting another biker crusing normally right in the back. The biker that hit him ended up face down as you saw. (The Crazy thing)

Both the person that was hit and the person that hit the other biker came to my class today to do a presentation. The guy that was on the road laying down was Kevin. Kevin did not know who he hit because he was in a coma for 16 days after the accident. He now has short term memory loss and can not remember things such as names, dates, appointments etc... Kevin came in my classroom with his rehab members. He was at the front presenting to us a story of what all happened. "I was with 16 guys, we were driving really fast, around 150km/h. I was going to fast and another biker hit me".

There was also another man at the back of the class noticed in the beginning but i didn't know who he was. After Kevin presented his spech... The guy sitting at the back came to the front and said "I was the one Kevin hit". We were all shocked. He said this was the first time seeing Kevin after seeing him on Sep 1 2014 laying face down not moving. He then went on telling us about what happened.

What happened was that the bikers shown in the video were speeding past him and kevin was coming to fast and smashed right into him. He was going at around 100km/h and kevin was going 160 km/h.

None of the bikers that were with Kevin stopped for him. 1 of them did but after he saw Kevin laying down not moving... he left as well.

Now Kevin's life is ruined just because of a stupid mistake made by peer pressure. Kevin did not know the man he had hit so he was not told who the person sitting in the back of the class was. Kevin was charged with wreckless driving causing bodily harm to a person. He was gonna have to spend 15-16 years in prison. The person hit then talked to the lawyers and said that he has been through too much and the charges were lessen to something not as severe.

Kevin will never have the same life he use to have because of one stupid mistake made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1woL6FjLyA​

Sad but also easily preventable. Just a reminder that while something could seem 'fun', always think of the impact it could have on both yourself and others, and question if it is really worth it. Also has it has been said before...time and a place, and a busy 401 is definitely not it at all.

and we wonder why insurance is so cheap for sportbikes...

Sad and regrettable.

BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom