Another rider down | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another rider down

I can't see a 45yo doing a ROC type ride. And wtf is up with the rear tire on the KLR?

All you need is one person to pull over and dial 911. There's no reason for 30 to stop on the shoulder.

How do you crash going straight during non rush hour? Damn

Was on the same strecht of road yesterday with my G/F on the back, going to the AirShow. Some "Rude Dude" speeds-up and bullies his red mini van into my lane, no signal, no shoulder check and no clue. I felt her tense up for a split second, luckily the drive in the left lane noticed me "lane splitting" and moved over a foot or so, which gave me my own 2ft lane on the busy 401 with a pretty yellow line down the middle. (+1 for lane splitting when needed)

So going straight almost took us out and then riding as tight and straight up saved our day(s).
Seams to me going straight or on a 45, expect the unexpectable, gotta be aware as it happens.

Was on the same strecht of road yesterday with my G/F on the back, going to the AirShow. Some "Rude Dude" speeds-up and bullies his red mini van into my lane, .
and what lane was that

no one will tell you otherwise.

Brah, I don't know what you have against OTR. All you do is bash them.

Maybe because they say stuff like "brah" not sure ;)

Maybe because they say stuff like "brah" not sure ;)

I am not a member of OTR. I repeat, I am not a member of OTR.

...and I was not aware that using the term "brah" was associated with riding like a hooligan. Good to know though.

Last edited:
There seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of these crashes. Groups.

I know that when I was riding in groups, there's always the pressure to keep up with the group and do what everyone else does.

I decided that scene wasn't for me and now I ride my own pace, solo.

And another recurring theme in a lot of crashes is solo riding. Brilliant theory!

On a side note: if you feel pressure when riding in a group then 2 things are happening:

- you are riding above your skill level
- you are not riding for yourself

Last edited:
Ok wasn't my lane.
We we in the centre lane(s) at the time, and not planted there either.
Hope the 3 rides make out ok.

I added bikerboyz to be inclusive ;)

Don't even know who bikerboyz are but i've seen the movie if that's what u mean.

I don't think this happened in a group ride...

EDIT. Take back my above comment after seeing video in posted below!!

Last edited:

I know that when I was riding in groups, there's always the pressure to keep up with the group and do what everyone else does.

Then you were riding with the wrong people. Those are called date in rides and despite what any of those riders tell you, they're the furthest thing from the next Marquez.

Too many what ifs. Hop the riders are able to make a recovery either way.

Pretty much sums it up for me.. I ride with a couple people thats it..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Back
Top Bottom