Another rider down | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another rider down

Been a bad week for this in the GTA. No deaths this time which is good to hear. Hopefully, everyone makes a speedy recovery.

Looked like a KLR on the coverage I saw on CityTV.

4sb41d.jpg

ugh what a mess on the end of a long weekend...pretty serious injuries from the reports.
Hope they all survive.

image.jpg

Two people have been transported to hospital after two motorcycles were involved in a crash on Highway 401 at McCowan Road. The eastbound express lanes of the highway have been shut down as police investigate the collision.

Read more: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/2-people-rushed-to-hospital-after-hwy-401-crash-1.1986338#ixzz3C7nhnZEG

yeah KLR650
ScreenShot2014-09-01atSep12014112601PM_zpsd24c99cb.jpg

rear tire looks very strange. Almost looks like a dark side conversion.

Last edited:
Normally I'd be out riding on Sunday and sometimes Holiday evening. After seeing the traffic mess, thank god I didn't have time to head out riding tonight.

Anyways, by the sounds of things, at least it's not a deadly crash... GWS for the riders.

ugh what a mess on the end of a long weekend...pretty serious injuries from the reports.
Hope they all survive.

image.jpg

Mcowan and 401 is usually smooth sailing

rider stupidity or cager stupidity .....take your pick...could be both. Same reason there are crashes just about every day with cagers ...with a mcycle there is higher risk of injury on what might seem a simple crash.
Don't know until or if details emerge - like so....now 3 motorcyclists injured.

Three motorcyclists were injured following a crash Monday night on Highway 401 at McCowan Road.The collision happened in the express eastbound lanes around 8:10 p.m., according to the Ontario Provincial Police.
Police said that a 28-year-old man driving a black Kawasaki sustained life-threatening injuries, and a 45-year-old man on a red Kawasaki suffered minor injuries. Both men were transported to hospital.
[h=2]PHOTOS[/h]

Another 45-year-old motorcyclist driving a white Honda Sport bike went to hospital on his own with minor injuries, the OPP said.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/3-motorcyclists-injured-in-highway-401-crash-1.1986332#ixzz3CAHwNWsL

CLIFFS:

- Rider one ran into the back of a car
- bike goes flying and there is mini explosion, chaos ensues
- Rider two crashes into rider one's bike
- Rider three who was on bike in picture above gets nervous and crashes on his own
- up to 30 bikes take off

Could of been avoided, chain reaction as a result of lead rider crashing. Surprised no one is dead.

CLIFFS:

- Rider three who was on bike in picture above gets nervous and crashes on his own

Could of been avoided, chain reaction as a result of lead rider crashing. Surprised no one is dead.

What a cluster****.

CLIFFS:

Source on this info?

So much for biker camaraderie.

So much for biker camaraderie.
Can't really blame the riders for taking off; Cops have us paranoid that if we stay we might get charged with whatever they feel like.

I was down in Pennsylvania leading a ride with a bunch of really good riders, one of them crashed on Dead man's corner on 144 and got really badly hurt. To be honest I wanted to take off, i was paranoid the police was going to ask questions and charge me (ontario like); however the Cop was so damn nice, he even asked us if there was anything else he could do for us and sent us our way even when there were some ladies we passed telling him we were speeding; If that was Ontario I would have been royally screwed.

Not blaming the cops for the accident of course but the fact people didn't stay around to get charged absolutely.

There seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of these crashes. Groups.

I know that when I was riding in groups, there's always the pressure to keep up with the group and do what everyone else does.

I decided that scene wasn't for me and now I ride my own pace, solo.

There seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of these crashes. Groups.

I know that when I was riding in groups, there's always the pressure to keep up with the group and do what everyone else does.

I decided that scene wasn't for me and now I ride my own pace, solo.

lemmings.jpg

Can't really blame the riders for taking off; Cops have us paranoid that if we stay we might get charged with whatever they feel like.

I was down in Pennsylvania leading a ride with a bunch of really good riders, one of them crashed on Dead man's corner on 144 and got really badly hurt. To be honest I wanted to take off, i was paranoid the police was going to ask questions and charge me (ontario like); however the Cop was so damn nice, he even asked us if there was anything else he could do for us and sent us our way even when there were some ladies we passed telling him we were speeding; If that was Ontario I would have been royally screwed.

Not blaming the cops for the accident of course but the fact people didn't stay around to get charged absolutely.

Screw that. If I don't know you, you're on your own. Not sticking around to get anally probed by the OPP.

I do agree with you both if it was a hooligan ride, but if it was casual pace and an unfortunate accident, I would stop (ie nothing to hide)

could be that the riders were following too closely/a car in front braked unexpectedly? I saw that happen yesterday morning down the DVP - empty road at 7am but this one guy kept hitting his brakes and slowing down at random intervals. I avoided his lane completely but if a rider hadn't been paying attention, they could've easily rear-ended the car.
Glad that the riders are ok - hope they recover. Don't need anymore people falling into the wrong side of the stats this season.

Back
Top Bottom