Dropped Bike, I was warned it was coming... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dropped Bike, I was warned it was coming...

nitis

And just when I was considering fairing sliders, the bike tipped over on to it's right side while I was preparing to dismount.

The damage looks fairly minor so I feel lucky however, I am wondering what my options are to have the fairing paint restored.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The scratches, if any, are very minor... There was paint damage in one area of the fairing and in another spot on the R6 paint logo itself also on the same fairing. [/FONT]
I'm not really into sanding or buffing anything down myself. Is there anyone that I can hire to do this for me? There does not appear to be any fairing damage, only paint, so I am hoping this is a minor touch up, but then again matching paint can be tricky...

Thanks!

Perhaps leave it until winter just in case you decide to let it have another dirt nap?

You're not the only one to drop them...

The bike is in Rocky Point NFLD, the kickstand in Australia. :p
7c0686744ce7574042571f01aad496c6.jpg

Don't bother fixing it, everyone crashes eventually.

Well not everyone on the road ....but I agree - OP should leave it as a new rider has some additional risk despite the first lesson :D

Leave it and you won't notice it after a while, or have a reminder to be careful.
These days you can buy entire Chinese fairing kits for R6 cheaper than painting and some are as good as OEM.

Just leave it... As long as it's just scratches and minor dings, big deal.

I dropped my brand new bike right side at 2500 km a few very minor scratches, and now left side Last night at 4500km. Again, very minor damage.

At first I was all freaked out, but then I realized... She still looks good, is fine mechanically and I wasn't hurt...well, except my bruised ego. Lol

Minor scratches- first world problems...

I've heard bad things about China - labor, toxins.. the list goes on ;) For this amount of damage, I think I would opt for a touch up rather than new fairings.. What place does touchups, paint/ scratch repairs?

You can buy paint pens, spray cans, and even full sized cans of color matched paint from colorrite. Otherwise you're looking at a lot of money to have it professionally repainted. Depends on how bad the damage is. I bought some pens and did my R6 at the beginning of the season and it was well worth the money. Only the white is still visible and you have to be within 6ft or know exactly what you're looking for to see it.

You might also be surprised at how much will buff out. A lot of shallow scratches disappear when cleaned. The visible marks arent so much from the imperfections in the paint, but the different colour of the dirt and debris that is left behind from whatever scratched it. Check out the yellow Yamaha decal. That is no paint at all, just cleaning and buffing.

Post some photos!

8484f42ce77b1c2d2ce8e5ae922bea91.jpg
2d123a0c2af8e2451f9aed4e30f74766.jpg

1eeefbcf82c2a737e08a32a7b8dde38d.jpg
d27c5bae0f64abb29aa50d454e880fbf.jpg

7bea09c8d9be9579e1aa09743755c5af.jpg
c001da3bfc50ce7947e7982cfa447d52.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom