buying a salvaged bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a salvaged bike

Nick_f

Site Supporter
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a winter project ( i know i should know be mentioning that awful season)
but i would like to buy a salvage bike in the states and work on it during the winter to have as a track bike

i have been to websites like this
http://www.salvagebikesauction.com

but seeing if there is any secrets amongst the GTAM community for locating salvage bikes or websites.

You need another track bike already? :p

i dropped this one :p

Just tossing around the idea i had after drinking beer with some friends this weekend on the deck.

Sure you buy the cheap rolling rock, but than it leads to big purchases.

I'm switching to Carlsberg :)

LOL... awesome. I "dropped" my ZX-6R too, I guess I should be looking at new bikes? It's only going to be $500-$600 to fix mine, so I guess I'll keep it. ;)

LOL... awesome. I "dropped" my ZX-6R too,;)

More like "laid it down gently with the unnecessary assistance from another rider." hehehe

I've bought and sold wrecked bikes from dealer auctions. No money in it anymore. I can't even get a decent deal if I was looking to keep the bike for myself.

I've bought and sold wrecked bikes from dealer auctions. No money in it anymore. I can't even get a decent deal if I was looking to keep the bike for myself.

good to know

Did you just check ontario, or did you tend to go all over North america to get bikes?

LOL... awesome. I "dropped" my ZX-6R too, I guess I should be looking at new bikes? It's only going to be $500-$600 to fix mine, so I guess I'll keep it. ;)

And the free hospital bill.
God bless Canada :)

good to know

Did you just check ontario, or did you tend to go all over North america to get bikes?

Mainly Ontario, but we did buy a few bikes from out east and BC I think.

The pricing makes no sense to me anymore.

5 year old 600 that is destroyed (ie, only thing of value is the motor and rear wheel) will sell at auction for $3000+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pricing makes no sense to me anymore.

5 year old 600 that is destroyed (ie, only thing of value is the motor and rear wheel) will sell at auction for $3000+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And its a huge gamble when you're buying something from pictures online. I've ended up with one zx10 that the motor was split open and another one with a frame in 2 pieces, or an R6 that someone at the auction stripped all the bodywork off of before I picked it up. Full fairings, headlight, complete bike in the pictures. it had a gas tank when I picked it up...lol

Back
Top Bottom