Wasps | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasps

I did the shop vac at the opening. When it seemed like I got most, I opened up the siding under my porch roof. Found a nest the size of 1.5 basketballs....with a tone of yellow jackets still in it. Good thing I had a bug suit and leathers(bike gear does double duty)....a few stingers were found in my gloves after. Bagged the nest in a clear garbage bag. Lots of larve and eggs in the middle like a bee hive. Very cool construction on the outer shell though.

That's what I'm afraid of. That I don't get to the nest.

Home Depot sells these. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/raid-earthblends-yellow-jacket-traps/917605, I got 3 of them and set them up in my back yard. barely any wasps the last couple of years

Gotta love the 2nd review. Wasps built a nest right in the Raid box, lol.

I've battled with these nasty buggers for 3 yrs. This yr seems to be "lighter" than the past couple.
I've had most of my success with bug spray & a propane torch. Fry them, but stay very protected while doing so.
There's been times where the dying bug sends out a 911 of some sort to his / her buddies.
Within seconds of injuring a bug, I've seen millions show up to defend.
Not a pretty site.

As was said, if you have good lighting try doing it at night. They are less active /vicious at night

Wife went to this farming. Store around the corner from us. He pushed the foam. Says it should do it as long as your spraying within a couple ft of nest as it only foams so far. And says it lasts a while.

Name/brand of foam please.
491be8f3fc6683b8ff124619bd8feead.jpg

Works great. Foaming action has done it. Found another one but it's 40 ft up. So this weekend I'll be going at it again

Thanks
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
Good luck. My neighbor is having to call someone. They just saw a basketball sized one hidden !
Keep me posted on how everything turns out, tricks and or new methods

Used that stuff last summer, worked great. Haven't seen any this year, that's right *******... run away

Works great. Foaming action has done it. Found another one but it's 40 ft up. So this weekend I'll be going at it again

They scare the life out of me. I'm going to pick up a couple cans, that 'nest' is basketball sized. Just spray it on the outside and let it do the work?

For a nest this size, I'd first coat it from the outside and then spray lots into the hole and finish off with more from the outside. Let sit for 2 days and take down. I've only had to take down one nest that size but it was outside, I just waited until we had a few days in the -20 ballpark and then i took it down, bagged it and threw it out.

Disclaimer: I'm not an exterminator, I don't play one on TV and I stay the **** away from major hotel chains, so ymmv :cool:

Damn it, I was like | | <- This close to buying it on clearance from Target today for like $3.90 to get rid of a wasp nest 1ft in diameter on the side of my garage but didn't think it'd work.... Guess I may go back tomorrow...

Either that or wait 4 months for Winter...

Back
Top Bottom