Wasps | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasps

professor

In short:
I have been going to war with these wasps or yellow jackets. Either way I'm loosing.
they have set up shop behind my vinyl siding.
3 cans of spray and spring blind hoping I am hitting the nest. And a very quick and dark caulk job has still failed.
Think I caulked them in, but think they found an alternative route.
I have tried the wine in a bottle with some soap and they didn't take to that.
This has been going on for a month and I am fed up. I'm afraid they will have a Hilton built in their before I get to them.

Now before I start ripping down vinyl and taking on multiple bites, is their anything you guys have done. Obviously this is not as simple as a ground nest.

Any help would be appreciated. !

10338845_662858813749603_4255932202399544138_n.jpeg

You need to get the Queen out. Dude, spray can & a lighter.

Note: they are less active at night
Wasp stings are worse than bees

You need to get the Queen out. Dude, spray can & a lighter.

Note: they are less active at night
Wasp stings are worse than bees
I suppose if I remove the house I remove them! Lol

What happens to these guys in the winter? They dormant or die?

I suppose if I remove the house I remove them! Lol

What happens to these guys in the winter? They dormant or die?
Not too sure. But the Queen never dies. Not to my knowledge

Wasps although not as beneficial to humans as bees, still pollinate plants and flowers. And unlike bees, they are not dying off on their own so kill them all!

Same problem, about same time too. They got into the aluminum covering the top underside of my front patio. 3 cans of spray and nothing. Thinking of calling Orkin...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Same problem, about same time too. They got into the aluminum covering the top underside of my front patio. 3 cans of spray and nothing. Thinking of calling Orkin...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
Ya I really don't want to spend money on something like this. But unfortunately I may have to as I don't have a full army suit like them !

Call Billy the Exterminator

setup a shopvac next to the opening and let it go for a couple hours, suck the bastards into the shopvac and leave them for a few days, then empty into a compost pile. done.

A couple years ago we had two issues; one was that our backyard was so loaded with thistles wasps decided to build a nest underneath one of the patches (we couldn't mow the lawn because of this), and two, we were hearing the occasional mad buzzing from within the bathroom wall and the tub skirt (!!). We had the same problem as you - the siding had been compromised.

We called pest control and they sprayed the yard to kill those in the nest and he told me that because I didn't know exactly where the nest was within the walls, he'd have to make small openings in the drywall near suspected areas. I said hell no to that, but he also said that over the winter the queen will eat the other wasps that are around, and if we fix the entry point she'll eventually starve to death.

We fixed the siding and soon after started finding dead wasps inside the house in various places, usually near floor vents. Thank christ on a bike they were dead! Anyway, the following season the buzzing did not return.

If you wish to try trapping them, I found that this thing worked really well, as long as you kept it topped up with liquid:
if4042wasptrapvictor.jpg

Shop vac is an interesting idea. I think spray foam may be my next option. And buy a trap as well. Could work??

setup a shopvac next to the opening and let it go for a couple hours, suck the bastards into the shopvac and leave them for a few days, then empty into a compost pile. done.

Father in law tried that last year. Watching him run around the yard was quite hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop vac is an interesting idea. I think spray foam may be my next option. And buy a trap as well. Could work??

Was in the store yesterday, saw a foam bug spray. Thinking of trying that one.
Got one quote for a pest guy, $125 but no guarantee. Gonna keep looking.

Was in the store yesterday, saw a foam bug spray. Thinking of trying that one.
Got one quote for a pest guy, $125 but no guarantee. Gonna keep looking.
Where was this foam bug spray?
Is it true soap and water kills them? I just remembered my pressure washer has a soap dispenser in it..... wonder if that would. Work?

Where was this foam bug spray?
Is it true soap and water kills them? I just remembered my pressure washer has a soap dispenser in it..... wonder if that would. Work?

Not sure about the soap and water.
I believe it was a Raid product, at WalMart. Had a nozzle that you shove into the siding. Was $11, I think.

Back
Top Bottom