Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 600ss?

You know a thread is gonna be a good one when peggy starts to post :lmao:

Tina you fat lard, come get your dinner!

Liter bike riders don't wear panties unless we are meeting our buddies down the street at Starbucks, they can't hold our giant testicles but our tiny penis' fit perfectly.

:lmao:

This thread is so good, I might just start a similar one; "Ballpark top speed for 3rd gear shift on 1000ss? "
[h=2][/h]

So 125.51mph = 201.9km/h in 3rd...but like many have said, 600cc SS bikes are almost too slow for the street, hence the need for 1Ks...lol

Most people don't ride their bikes on the limit on the street, I know I don't. It's very rare for me to even come close to redline but the 1000 allows me to accelerate fast in top gear when friends on 600 have drop 2 gears to accelerate at the same rate; I am lazy, I know :)

Again with insulting guys on 1000's? One day when you grow up and can handle a mans bike you'll understand :D

3rd gear on a 1000ss is in and around 200km/h

Man, I'm messing with you looool. I'm currently waiting for the new R1 (more HP and electronics) and R3 (for the woman) to come out. A lot of these guys on SS bikes 600 or 1000's can't even ride em' anyways. A good rider, on a 600 can easily keep up with a rider on a liter bike. More torque, more top end, whatever floats your boat. 600's are more power then most of these noodles can use anyways.

Last edited:
This thread added one inch to my unit !!!!

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Now you can give her 2 solid inches? I kid, I kid :lmao:

Says dude who doesn't own either a 600 or a 1000 SS...

Once you've ridden and owned a 1K supersport, 600s are brutally slow in comparison. You wouldn't understand.

Really? Define slow. I've waxed a couple of "high end" cars on a closed course obviously :D
One being a gtr from a 100 kmh roll. I'm not arguing that 1000s aren't fast but I wouldn't call a 600 slow by any stretch.

Now you can give her 2 solid inches? I kid, I kid :lmao:

Really? Define slow. I've waxed a couple of "high end" cars on a closed course obviously :D
One being a gtr from a 100 kmh roll. I'm not arguing that 1000s aren't fast but I wouldn't call a 600 slow by any stretch.

Perhaps annoying is a better word then if you don't like slow.

How does the op know they are reving to the limiter? I routinely rip through three gears shifting short, because it's fun, and im really not going that fast. I don't do it in residential areas of course.

How does the op know they are reving to the limiter? I routinely rip through three gears shifting short, because it's fun, and im really not going that fast. I don't do it in residential areas of course.

I think OP just wants to ***** about the individuals who do rev their bikes up high with loud *** aftermarket exhausts.

Living in Woodbridge, I hear it every Thursday from 10pm until about midnight. I guess ERTEFA still lives in Woodbridge even after being moved to sauga...

UM. Most 1000cc V-twins are lucky to keep up to a modern 600.
They are almost directly comparable when it comes to top speed.

When you compare a 1000cc V-twin to a 1000cc inline 4, no comparison.

I rode a 1000cc v twin for 4 years, sold it and bought a 600cc i4. The 600 is definitely not brutal slow.
1000-250 would be brutal :p

Agreed.

But 1000cc i4- 600cc i4 brutal slow?

Maybe if top speed runs down the 400 is your thing. Other than that a 600 is not slow by any stretch of the imagination.

Back
Top Bottom